Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issues after Upgrading from 3.8.6 to 5.05.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues after Upgrading from 3.8.6 to 5.05.

Hi, we upgraded to vBulletin 5.0.5 from vBulletin 3.8.6 and we now have these issues:
    1. The Last Post column in the Main Forum is not updated correctly. For instance, there have been several posts in a specific thread since the the one that's displayed in the Last Post column. When I Clear System Cache in admincp, it displays the correct Last Post. However, I have to routinely clear the system cache or else Last Post won't update with the correct post.
    2. New Topics search results are not sorting properly. The item at the top is not the most recent.
    Many thanks in advance,

Michael
    Last edited by monolithic; Mon 20 Jan '14, 1:37pm.

For both 1 and 2, have you rebuilt the search index since upgrading?

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
      For both 1 and 2, have you rebuilt the search index since upgrading?
      Hi Zachery,

I've done that a couple times, but I've closed the browser window while it was still running. Would this effectively cancel the index process?

Many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by monolithic View Post
        Hi Zachery,

I've done that a couple times, but I've closed the browser window while it was still running. Would this effectively cancel the index process?

Many thanks!
        Yes you need to let it complete.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post

Yes you need to let it complete.
          Ok, I will try that now.

I have another question: Is there a known bug in email notifications? I have them turned on, but I'm not getting any email notifications whatsoever.

Many thanks

Comment

Additionally, the Users to Moderate # in the admincp shows "0" when there are actually at least 15 users awaiting moderation. How can I fix this so that the number is updated accurately?

Comment

Its a bug in 5.0.5 at this time, you'd need to make manual file changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                Its a bug in 5.0.5 at this time, you'd need to make manual file changes.
                Ok, I'm comfortable doing that. Can you give me the file and PHP code to edit?

Additionally, another issue. I am trying to attach a .png (screenshot) to a private message to one of our registered users. I'm getting an upload error: "Your file of 96915 bytes exceeds the limit of 80000." Yet when I go to Admincp -> Attachments -> Attachments Manager, .png is set for a different (larger) limit. When I go to Admincp -> Attachments -> Attachments Permissions, there is no limit set.

I can't find a way to increase attachment size for the Administrator group; and that is the only group I'm in.

Many thanks!

Comment

Some users can now no longer log in. I'm getting reports that they're trying the same username and password they've used for years and they can't log in.

Comment

So we ended up giving up on 5.0.5 and installed 4.2.2 instead. Running fine so far, but we're really disappointed that version 5.0.5 is not ready.

Comment