X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to edit posts

I'm unable to edit posts in vB 5.0.5.

I've tried to debug this.
    When clicking the edit button I see a HTTP-POST request to /create-content/loadeditor.
    I receive a response, but in the response I see "template":null. After that I receive a Javascript error "Cannot convert 'template' to object".

I can only agree with this error, it's difficult to convert null to an object. But the question is, why is the value 'template' null?

I hope someone can help me with this, I'm in the middle of a migration to vBulletin.

Kind regards,
    Roel

I found out it has something to do with my translation.

Are there pieces of templates in the translation? How to find them?

Comment

Nobody??!

Comment

No, there are no templates in a translation - just phrases which are used in the templates. Is this with a vB supplied language pack or one you downloaded from somewhere? And if you downloaded it, is it specifically for vB5?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

I translated the original English file using a custom script and Google Translate.

There are no strange character in the translated text.

Comment

Some other problems with the translation. Some forum posts are empty using the translation and some quote-boxes dissapear.

Here is my translation: http://dump.roelvb.net/download/57/v...anguage-nl.xml

An example:
            Attached Files

Comment

Here is another example:
              Attached Files

Comment

Some HTML output from the previous screenshots.

Default language file (nothing wrong):
                HTML Code:
                <div class="OLD__post-content h-padding-vert-xl">
                <div class="axd axd_last-post">

</div>
                <div class="js-post__content-text OLD__post-content-text restore" itemprop="text">
                <div class="bbcode_container">
                <div class="bbcode_quote">
                <div class="quote_container">
                <div class="bbcode_quote_container vb-icon vb-icon-quote-large"></div>
                <div class="bbcode_postedby">

Originally posted by
                <strong>Metalfreak</strong>
                <a href="http://vb.lexusforum.nl/forum/algemeen/website-algemeen/121978-onderdelen-om-rekening-mee-te-houden-na-de-migratie?p=122634#post122634" rel="nofollow" title="View Post" class="vb-icon vb-icon-double-arrow-blue animate-scroll">View Post</a>
                </div>
                <div class="message">Mijn probleem heb ik op het werk trouwens niet, alleen thuis. Toch heb ik niets vreemds gedaan met mijn browser.</div>
                </div>
                </div>
                </div>
                Dit is één van de problemen die er is als je het forum op Nederlands zet.
                <br>

Als je linksonder de taal wisselt naar Engels zouden de quotes weer zichtbaar moeten zijn.

</div>
                </div>
                Translated language file (There is a piece missing here):
                HTML Code:
                <div class="OLD__post-content h-padding-vert-xl">
                <div class="axd axd_last-post">

</div>
                <div class="js-post__content-text OLD__post-content-text restore" itemprop="text">
                <div class="bbcode_container">
                <div class="bbcode_quote">
                <div class="quote_container">
                <div class="bbcode_quote_container vb-icon vb-icon-quote-large"></div>
                <div class="bbcode_postedby">

Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door
                <strong>Metalfreak</strong>
                <a href="http://vb.lexusforum.nl/forum/algemeen/website-algemeen/121978-onderdelen-om-rekening-mee-te-houden-na-de-migratie?p=122634#post122634" rel="nofollow" title="Bekijk bericht" class="vb-icon vb-icon-double-arrow-blue animate-scroll">Bekijk bericht</a>
                </div>
                <div class="message">Mijn probleem heb ik op het werk trouwens niet, alleen thuis. Toch heb ik niets vreemds gedaan met mijn browser.</div>
                </div>
                </div>
                </div>
                </div>
                </div>

Comment

Maybe I was wrong about vBulletin. It is a bit pricey, but I expected vBulletin to be quality software.
                  I'm really disappointed and I had and still have A LOT of issues with it.

Comment

Is there even someone monitoring this forum?

Comment

If things are working fine in the English Language, but not in your custom translation, then obviously something went wrong when you did the translation. Have you tried starting over and seeing exactly what phrase you are translating is causing the issues? Is there anything in your error_logs (if you don't know where they are, ask your host)? Do you have suhosin or mod_security on the server?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Thanks for your response.

I'll see if i could find out which phrase is causing this.

Comment

I've found the solution. Looks like it had to do with the charset.

The charset was set to UTF-8. I changed it to ISO-8859-1, still the same issues, rebuild all languages, still the same issues. (this all didn't change the charset in the HTML HEAD)
                          Added a new language in the language manager, problem solved. (charset changed in the HTML HEAD)

Comment