Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Here is the Cron JIRA - the correct URL is located in it. In vBulletin 5.3.4, we will provide a script that can be called to trigger the scheduled tasks per their settings in the AdminCP.
    http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-9190

We've also fixed a bug to allow the automatic update of titles to work. It is here:
    http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-13255

Leave a comment:

• BulliM
    replied
    Okay. So I'll do it manually from AdminCP and wait for your guidance. Thank you so far, Wayne Luke!

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The Cron scripts aren't meant to be called directly and will end if the vBulletin engine is not set up properly before they are called by the API. The requirement to use POST is a security feature and isn't likely to be changed.

I suggest running it manually today and I will get further guidance and the complete command line for you as soon as possible.
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Mon 18 Sep '17, 2:41pm.

Leave a comment:

• BulliM
    replied
    @Wayne Luke: I get "Incorrect HTTP Method. Please use a POST request." on wget. To send POST request by cURL I need a variable name to submit like "request=promotion" or so. What is expected at that point?

Why I cannot run that script (promotion.php) by cron? For me it's the best way to do.
    Last edited by BulliM; Mon 18 Sep '17, 12:55pm.

Leave a comment:

• BulliM
    replied
    Thank you, Wayne Luke.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    From what I've been told you would want to call <site>/ajax/apidetach/cron/run with wget or cURL and leave the item checked. I am asking for more clarification in this JIRA: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-9190

Leave a comment:

• BulliM
    replied
    Same problem. User titles / ranks will not automatically updated. All scheduled tasks checked!

Klicke auf die Grafik für eine vergrößerte Ansicht  Name: scheduled_task_update_titles_ranks.jpg Ansichten: 1 Größe: 12,4 KB ID: 4377508

Scheduled Tasks enabled, too.

Klicke auf die Grafik für eine vergrößerte Ansicht  Name: scheduled_enabled.jpg Ansichten: 1 Größe: 19,6 KB ID: 4377509

But there is no log for user promotions!!!!

How to activate this by cron?

Just uncheck these task and put "25 * * * * /usr/bin/php /var/www/mysitesdirectory/core/includes/cron/promotion.php > /dev/null 2>&1" into crontab -e ?
    Last edited by BulliM; Mon 18 Sep '17, 8:08am.

Leave a comment:

• saiff
    replied
    i have same problem

Leave a comment:

• megabink
    replied
    I have also this problem for years now but i update the User Titles manually every week on my site.

Leave a comment:

• yi.zhou@xplusz.com
    replied
    No one else running into this issue? Is this just me or it's a bug?

Leave a comment:

• yi.zhou@xplusz.com
    replied
    Anyone has any idea with this?

Leave a comment:

• yi.zhou@xplusz.com
    replied
    Wayne Luke I know this thread is old, but I have run into the same issue, and I checked all cron script, seems the user title is inside promotion.php, however it seems that user title update is bind with user promotion, so if you don't have anything setup in user promotion, user title will not get update automatically. For example:
    In user promotion, I have rule that move user to usergroup A if he has 10 posts, then in user title I have rule that give Title A if user has 5 posts, then user will not get Title A until he has 10 posts where it trigger the user promotion.

I don't know if this is intentional, if is, then I think it defeats the purpose to have user title section in admincp

I'm on vBulletin 5.3.2 right now
    Last edited by [email protected]; Wed 30 Aug '17, 3:37pm.

Leave a comment:

• ndut
    replied
    Yes, they are running. all tasks are marked (ticked)
    last time one completed? just now i run all the tasks

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    sigh...

Are your Scheduled Tasks running?

When was the last time one completed and which task is it?

Admincp -> Scheduled Tasks -> Scheduled Task Manager.

Leave a comment:

• ndut
    replied
    i dont know why my scheduled tasks aren't running. how to check that?

Leave a comment: