Problems with What's New button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with What's New button

We have a "What's New" button along the top of our VB 5.05 forum which doesn't seem to be working properly. Quite often the result page is blank, even though there is a huge amount of new topics in the forums. This happens for me and we've had quite a few users complain as well. Every now and then some posts will show in the results page, but we can't seem to pinpoint what causes them to show there and others not to show.

We are using the following as the link - http://www.ouraddress.com/members/se...ssage%22%5D%7D

Is there another page we should be pointing to instead of this one?

Thanks in advance!

Does it help, if you use /forum/ instead of /members/ in your link?

Comment

Unfortunately not - that just gives us a 404 error. We setup the forum in a /members/ folder instead of a /forum/ folder from the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by nigelmoore View Post
        We setup the forum in a /members/ folder instead of a /forum/ folder from the beginning.
        Oh I didn't know that, sorry.

Comment

Anyone? We're getting piles of bad feedback from clients about it not working.

Comment

The results from these type of searches are not always 100% perfect.

However I have had some success with improving what gets shown.

Please could you send in a support ticket for my attention and I'll have a go at tweaking it?
            I'll need admincp access that has Site Builder permission.
            http://www.vbulletin.com/go/techsupport
            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment