Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can new/recently replied-to threads have text appear as a different color?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can new/recently replied-to threads have text appear as a different color?

Is there a way to make it so new threads (or threads with new replies) show up not only as bold but also as a specified color? I'm guessing it's easy enough since it already shows up as bold....but I just don't know where to look to make that change.

Thanks!

This would require custom coding/styling. Looking at "Inspect Element" in Chrome it looks like the difference is unread links are part of the .go-to-first-unread class.I would concentrate my styling efforts around that to start with.

Comment

Just looked in there - not sure where to add a color tag. I'll probably just leave it as-is.

Comment

By default, all thread titles have unread style (bold) unless there is a "read" CSS class in the "topic-item" row, in which case the font weight is then set to normal. So if you want to have different title color for the unread posts, you need to change the color for the default style and then reset to the default link color for the read posts.

In css_additional.css template:
        Code:
        .topic-list-container .topic-list .topic-item .cell-topic .topic-wrapper .topic-title {
            color: green; /*change color accordingly*/
        }
        .topic-list-container .topic-list .topic-item.read .cell-topic .topic-wrapper .topic-title {
            color: #2379B5; /*NOTE: you need to use stylevar for link color here*/
        }

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X