Topic/Reply Body Text Colour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topic/Reply Body Text Colour

I know that form_field_text_color will change the colour of topic titles to black while you're typing but does not effect what is actually posted (that's ui_widget_content_text_color) but how do you change the colour of the body of the topic/reply you are posting? I know I can change it with body_text_color but that also changes a ton of the font in the widgets scattered throughout my site.

So I guess what I'm asking is, is there a workaround to this yet??

That is the stylevar for it. You would need to write custom CSS to change it. Unfortunately, the modules don't have unique ids assigned to them, so you may need to also modify the template if you only want your CSS to affect that one module.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Try adding this in css_additional.css template: (Change #777777 to desired color)

Code:
      .js-post__content-text, .js-post__content {
          color: #777777;
      }
      If you only want it to apply in forum thread pages for topics/replies/comments, then use this

Code:
      .forum-conversation-content-widget .js-post__content-text, .forum-conversation-content-widget .js-post__content {
      }
      If you only want it to apply in forum/blogs/group thread pages for topics/replies/comments, then use this:

Code:
      .conversation-content-widget .js-post__content-text, .conversation-content-widget .js-post__content {
      }

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

Those almost worked - but what I really want to do is change the color of the text being typed in the "Write something..." box without changing the colour of what I'm displaying to the world.

Comment

Or, I suppose. Override the CSS for ALL of the places the stylvar body_text_color affects (what Glenn showed me with the above example) with the exception of the text being typed into the post/reply/comment box

Comment

Originally posted by scottishrob13 View Post
            Those almost worked - but what I really want to do is change the color of the text being typed in the "Write something..." box without changing the colour of what I'm displaying to the world.
            Your last 2 posts seem contradicting. But to answer the first one, you have to modify the css_editor.css template.

Code:
            body {
            }
            Unfortunately, the ckeditor iframe does not include the css_additional.css template where the changes should actually go. So when you upgrade, your changes to css_editor.css template needs to be re-applied.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

Put your overriding CSS in the css_additional.css template. It is not recommended to edit the other CSS templates because it will cause conflicts on upgrades.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
                Your last 2 posts seem contradicting. But to answer the first one, you have to modify the css_editor.css template.
                They were haha Just two opposite solutions to the same problem. Thanks Glenn.

There seems to be an error in the CSS somewhere either with specificity or the cascade (I'm guessing it's the first one) which doesn't allow some of the stylevars to act the way they're supposed to. The most noticeable time I saw it is when I was trying to change the colour of the response box background and it worked for 1/2 second before it reverted back to white.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X