Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replying to a topic created by a guest, as a user fails with "Invalid Data". Replying to a guest topic as a guest works.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replying to a topic created by a guest, as a user fails with "Invalid Data". Replying to a guest topic as a guest works.

As the topic states.

If it reply to a topic created with a guest account, as a user, it fails with error "Invalid Data".

I can reply to the same topic with a guest account fine. I can reply to topics created as a user while logged in as a user.

Has anyone been able to confirm this yet?

It is certainly an issue with my site and I can re-produce it every time

Thanks

Comment

Yes, I can confirm this happens on my test site. I created a bug report here - http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-11505
      Last edited by Lynne; Fri 4th Oct '13, 2:30pm.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Thanks for confirming this is a bug. I will disable guest posting until there is an update.

Cheers!

Comment

Is there a fix I can apply to get around this before the next version is released? I run a forum on my online shop and one of my requirements is that users can post without signing up (I apply the same policies to buying things too... I hate being forced to register).

At the moment if one of our customers post a question on our forums, we are unable to reply as a registered user and have to do so as a guest, which makes it hard for the user to see that we are replying as a member of staff.

Thanks

Comment