Navigation Bar Not Updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navigation Bar Not Updating

I find I can edit the navigation bar settings when in page edit mode, but when trying to save, it comes up Working..., but never saves, only coming up with an error:
    Error saving the navigation bar configuration.

Please try again.

Or it just sits there.

Anyone seen this behaviour?

The navbar formatting doesn't change when using the style manager either, is this a feature or bug?

Comment

Is any error showing in the JavaScript Console on your browser? In Chrome right-click on the page, go to Inspect Element, then choose Console... Then reload the page and follow the steps until it freezes/gives error and see if any more specific error code is listed on the console.

Other browsers have consoles, not sure how to access them all. In Internet Explorer I believe you hit F12 for development tools.

Comment

HI Joe, I'm getting this error in the console on IE.

Done saving new/edited navbar item
        vBulletin.loadingIndicator.show Counter: 1 Source: ajaxStart
        SCRIPT7002: XMLHttpRequest: Network Error 0x2ef3, Could not complete the operation due to error 00002ef3.
        forum
        saveHeaderNavbar failed! error:
        vBulletin.loadingIndicator.hide Counter: 0 Source: ajaxStop

Comment

That was when I set it to open in a new window. When I set it not to open in a new window, I get this error instead:

Done saving new/edited navbar item
          SCRIPT5007: Unable to get property 'errors' of undefined or null reference
          forum, line 40 character 25738

Comment

Working now after upgrade to 5.0.5, but still navbar colour doesn't change even when editing it in style manager.

Comment