Logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo

How do I get rid of the logo from site builder? It didn't work for me when I tried to add a custom one via site builder, decided to just ftp it where it needs to go.
    Last edited by dustoff99; Mon 16th Sep '13, 12:55pm.

Why didn't it work via Site Builder?

The default logo is located in "images/misc".

Comment

I get the broken image icon when I did it there for my test user. I know where the default logo goes, was trying out the site builder on my new site.

Comment

Did the logo have the maximum allowed sizes? Did the upload process finish correctly and without errors? Did you save the edited header? Did you clear your system cache and your browser cache?

Comment

Originally posted by TLMD View Post
          Did the logo have the maximum allowed sizes? Did the upload process finish correctly and without errors? Did you save the edited header? Did you clear your system cache and your browser cache?
          - Max (from the guide) said around 320 pixels - I used the same size as the original (171x42)

- I did get the upload it without errors - looks good while I am in as admin, but when I go in as a non registered person from IE and Chrome, I get the broken image icon.

- Didn't clear system or browser cache (was a fresh install) so I didn't think to do that. Just a quick refresher, how do I do that?

- My site: http://www.section8gaming.com/vb5/upload/

Comment

As soon as I log in with my user account, logo shows up. Odd...

Comment

Create a logo with a transparent background and save it like logo.png and replace the existing.
              Cu Respect / Best Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

roStyles Design LLC
              CEO & Founder (Design and Support)
              Romanian Translator
              Teascu Dorin
              [email protected]
              https://www.rostyles.com

Comment

I used the default one and edited it, so it has a transparent background and I gave it the same name. Works great while I am logged in, just when I try to look at it as a visitor I can't see it. Only did that when I tried to edit it in Site Builder.

Comment

Turned site on and the logo appears for unregistered users - odd.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoff99 View Post
                    - Max (from the guide) said around 320 pixels - I used the same size as the original (171x42)

- I did get the upload it without errors - looks good while I am in as admin, but when I go in as a non registered person from IE and Chrome, I get the broken image icon.

- Didn't clear system or browser cache (was a fresh install) so I didn't think to do that. Just a quick refresher, how do I do that?

- My site: http://www.section8gaming.com/vb5/upload/
                    Ok, cleared my System Cache

Comment

I see it works now!

Comment