Huge Error... No one can post in my forum - "Empty Response"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge Error... No one can post in my forum - "Empty Response"

My forum is having a huge issue right now. Nobody can post in my forum. Every attempt to create a new topic or start a new thread results in an error that says "Empty Response."

My forum is here:
    http://www.orangemane.com/BB/

How can I fix this?

That is a known bug for posts that need to be approved. Try posting the same content and it will say duplicate post.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

It actually doesn't do that. Everything is "empty response." Even if I try to post the same content again.

The forum is unusable right now. Nobody can post anything. Is there nothing to be done about it?

I don't have any kind of moderation turned on.

Comment

Hey there - no response to this yet. I need to know if this is something that can be fixed, or if I need to revert back to my old forum.

Thanks

Comment

Create a new style with no parent:
          • Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style
          • Parent Style: No Parent Style
          • Title: Default vBulletin
          • Allow User Selection: Yes
          • Save
          Then set this as your default style and Clear System Cache. Then browse the site using that totally default vbulletin style - do you still have the same problem?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

No dice. I still get an Empty response error.

Comment

What is your MySQL max_packet_size if it is only 1MB, then you MUST get your webhost to increase it.

Comment

I'm not sure if this is equivalent but here is what my admin control panel says:

PHP Max Post Size: 8.00 MB
                PHP Maximum Upload Size: 2.00 MB
                PHP Memory Limit: 128.00 MB
                MySQL Packet Size: 16.00 MB

Comment

Then if you haven't already , please start a support ticket, include AdminCP and an ftp login, so we can start looking into the issue.

Comment

Did you find a solution? I'm getting the same thing, unfortunately.

Comment