Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unfv
    replied
    just to update, solution sent by Riasat really worked. New screeshots attached:

Leave a comment:

• unfv
    replied
    Hi, here some extra screenshots using different browsers on the same computer using Windows 8 OS:

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    After investigating all day yesterday, I've added this to JIRA here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-12590

Leave a comment:

• Riasat
    replied
    Ok. I found the Band-Aid fix.

put this in your css_additional.css

Code:
    html.touch .edit-switch-container {
        display: block;
    }

The reason it is not showing up is because whatever script vb is using to detect browser capability is saying the environment is touch capable even if it is not.
    And vB wont show site builder if your system has touch (really!?).

Then again, in this age where almost all new computers have touch built in, the reason behind hiding site editor because the environment has touch capability is something I can not even begin to comprehend.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    For chrome, and firefox, please try disabling your addons.

Next, can you please tell me the browser window size, as well as the overall desktop size?
    Are you using anything to increase the native rendering of windows/ui elements?
    This would be under Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display

I'm running Windows 8.1 and I've got Chrome and Firefox installed, I use them daily in working with customer sites. Had I noticed that the site builder button was gone, I'd have raised some hell, trust me.

Its important to note that Site Builder requires a minimum resolution to display the site builder interface/buttons is 770px wide. If your browser window is too small, it won't display at all.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Your screenshots do not show enough information to actually resolve anything. You've cut off all useful information including the URL in the Address Bar. For Chrome, the HTML isn't very useful. We need to see the entire loading waterfall and the responses for anything with an error. The button is displayed with Javascript, not HTML.

Leave a comment:

• unfv
    replied
    An that's what we see with Internet Explorer:

Leave a comment:

• unfv
    replied
    I can see the button when I use the "Inspect element" tool from Chrome. But not on the browser. Check our screenshot:

Leave a comment:

• unfv
    replied
    Opera browser just installed. Same problem as Chrome. IE is showing the edit button but with some display some problems.

Leave a comment:

• unfv
    replied
    I found the Windows 8 Firewall activated. I disabled it, reset my chrome, delete all browsing data, and still no results.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Are you behind a firewall of any sort?

Leave a comment:

• unfv
    replied
    In the one that is not working, I have no antivirus installed, nor software to block ads and all my extensions are disabled.

Also is not working on Firefox, just on Internet Explorer.

I've tried erasing all my browsing data, re installing Chrome, cleaning all Windows temps and nothing.

Really strange, why is it working on Windows 7, and on the same computer with Windows 8 is not?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    I use Chrome, Firefox, IE11, and Opera almost daily, and none of them have ever had these sorts of issues.

Do you have any anti-virus, anti-malware, spybot style software to protect your computer?
    Do you have any software to block ads?
    Have you tried disabling your extensions/addons for your browser?

Leave a comment:

• unfv
    replied
    Strange thing,

Same computer
    Same Chrome version
    Same network
    Same resolution
    Same extensions

One try with Windows 7 - Edit button works
    Another try with Windows 8 - Edit button doesn't work

Any advice?
    Last edited by unfv; Sat 12 Apr '14, 10:02pm.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Disable your ad blockers, and make sure the windows are wide enough, there is a minimum browser width to enable site builder.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X