Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Grant CPAdmin to another user

Goal : To give another user access to cpadmin

I've created a group called Super Admin - access to cpadmin is marked as "yes"
    I've changed the user to Administrator

No access to admincp

what am I doing wrong?
    Thanks

Why do you create an extra group for this? If you want to add another administrator, why not simply add him to the existing administrator group?

Comment

When you say he has no access to the admincp, do you mean he can't login to it or that there are no options in there for him? Did you set up Administrator Permissions for the user in admincp > Usergroups > Administrator Permissions?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

@TLMD - The Administrator group does not have full priveledges. I don't want to edit this group just for him. The Super Administrator group I can adjust for a few people - seperate from the "Administrator Group.

@Lynne - Administrator permissions were setup properly. He could access the admincp, but only had four options.
        I had to edit my config.php file

$config['SpecialUsers']['superadmins'] = '1,2,3';

The numbers represent the user id's in whom you are granting "super admin" access too. This enables ALL AdminCP features to specified users. This was what I wanted and needed.
        Even if I enabled everything in the Administrator Group - you still don't have full access to everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanfenix View Post
          @TLMD - The Administrator group does not have full priveledges. I don't want to edit this group just for him. The Super Administrator group I can adjust for a few people - seperate from the "Administrator Group.
          Administrator Permissions are granted on an individual basis, not by group. We don't even ship with a Super Administrator usergroup. You can adjust permissions under Usergroups -> Administrator Permissions. All Administrators will be listed.

@Lynne - Administrator permissions were setup properly. He could access the admincp, but only had four options.
          I had to edit my config.php file

$config['SpecialUsers']['superadmins'] = '1,2,3';

The numbers represent the user id's in whom you are granting "super admin" access too. This enables ALL AdminCP features to specified users. This was what I wanted and needed.
          Even if I enabled everything in the Administrator Group - you still don't have full access to everything.
          This actually has nothing to do with Administrator Permissions. Those are set in the AdminCP under Usergroups -> Administrator Permissions.

It is actually considered a bug that adding a person to this list gives them more access than it should. We recommend not adding people here and to keep the list as short as possible.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Do you *want* him to be a SuperAdmin? Or do you just want him to see the administrator panel correctly (with all the features on the left)? If it's the later, then you need to give him Administrator Permissions in admincp > Usergroups > Administrator Permissions

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

I've done that, but he doesn't have all the access, aka he can't access hooks and plugins, etc.
              I don't want people to have "superadmin" - but I can't get him to have full access unless he's set in the config.

Comment

You need to give him all of the permissions then. He'll get them, if you edit it correctly.

Comment

Ok, that works, thanks.

I was told via ticket to do it via the config ( this was my first reply I got to my inquiry )
                  I've since removed him from the config, and checked off everything in the permissions area for the "super adminstrator" group I created for him.
                  Will see what happens.
                  Thanks guys.

Comment