Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to test upgrade from 4.2 => 5.0.4 - License Issues

Hello There,

I have a vBulletin 4.2.1 forum running, and I want to test the migration process to version 5, before doing it on my real site.

My Question is: I want to replicate my actual forum to a test forum, and run all the migration process but I know that the Licence is linked to the URL of my site.

Can I deploy it on a test URL without licence conflit ?

Thankx in advance!
    Fernando

Originally posted by Fera View Post
    Hello There, I have a vBulletin 4.2.1 forum running, and I want to test the migration process to version 5, before doing it on my real site. My Question is: I want to replicate my actual forum to a test forum, and run all the migration process but I know that the Licence is linked to the URL of my site. Can I deploy it on a test URL without licence conflit ? Thankx in advance! Fernando
    If for a while, they allow.

Comment

Yes you can create a private test site behind an .htaccess password.
      Indeed we actually recommend doing this so you don't mess up your live site by upgrading without testing.

There's no limit to how long you can leave it up, as long as you never make it public.
      We recommend locating it in the folder /testvb but this is not absolutely essential.
      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X