Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>

    Okay, I researched this issue heavily before posting, but I'm at a loss. I get the error "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>" On Step 2 out of 7 @ 4%. Every single time it Does Step 1 - Connected To database then Step 2/7 and the error pops up.

    http://i.imgur.com/1oJLhMU.png

    Steps I've tried:

    Added @ ../core/includes/config.php

    Code:
    ini_set('memory_limit', -1);
    ini_set("max_execution_time", "2880");
    Changed all .XML files in ../core/install to say
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    at the top except vbulletin-style.xml where I changed the CDATA too
    Code:
    <![CDATA[@charset "windows-1251";
    Help.

  • #2
    I really need some help on this...

    Comment


    • #3
      The "staff" here always take ages to reply! When I had this issue my .htaccess files were not being read - I had to enable mod_rewrite on the server. But I'm guessing it's not what's causing it for you. On that note, though, is your forum at something like /forum/ or is it your site's homepage? If it's at /forum/ you need to edit the .htaccess file and change the base url from / to /forum/ (you'll see where to change it, the htaccess file is well commented)

      Comment


      • #4
        Guess what?! Just tried to install VB5 like a year later today and I get the exact same problem, I never got it fixed and never got an official response.

        Comment


        • #5
          It would be worth raising a support ticket - we need to have a look at how things are set up.

          Please include FTP credentials in the "sensitive data" field.

          http://www.vbulletin.com/go/techsupport
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

          TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

          Comment


          • #6
            That is an issue, that there was an empty response without additional ajax data. The actual error that occurred wasn't output, so yes that error can happen under bad circumstances. It really depends on what step it failed on. As mark said creating a support ticket is the right way to go about this.

            Comment


            • #7
              It failed on Step 2... I've raised a support ticket but the response time is mind numbing.

              Comment


              • #8
                Sorry I'm not available 24/7, if you continue to need help/support either response to that ticket again or open a new ticket.

                Comment

                Related Topics

                Collapse

                Working...
                X