invalid_attachment_storage error when uploading images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• invalid_attachment_storage error when uploading images

I just updated my attachment file storage path (it wasn't working before but I don't remember what the error was). I've set permissions to be 0777 and run diagnostics in Admin which said upload is working, but when I try to upload images using either the Camera or Document icon, I get an error that says "invalid_attachment_storage." I've tried to upload a small jpg and a smaller png. I'm doing this from my Admin account.

Hopefully I'm just missing a setting somewhere in the Admin panel. Any help would be appreciated; I run a car forum which is much less interesting without images.

You made sure to set 777 on all of the subfolders, as well?

Comment

Hmm. Well I hadn't (assumed it filtered down), so I just went back and did that but I'm still getting the error. Tested in both Firefox and IE.

The server error log says "File does not exist."
      Last edited by Glorybox; Thu 1 Aug '13, 4:49pm.

Comment

Got it working by changing from a relative path to fixed. Still missing most of my attachments, though. The attachment manager can't "see" the attachments that I do have. When I look at the Attachment Manager, it list 30 total attachments, but there are a TON more than that in the attachment folder. Is there some sort of script I need to run for it to recognize them?
        Last edited by Glorybox; Mon 5 Aug '13, 1:05pm.

Comment

I have the same problem...when i try to upload a file from the front end of forum the error is invalid_attachment_storage
          I try the diagnostic and it's ok.

Comment