Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need to Edit this message "If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IggyP
    commented on 's reply
    good info, thought it woulda been a phrase....been meaning to change that, thanks for making it easy

• ovidiu
    replied
    OK thanks to all

Leave a comment:

• chamberinternet
    replied
    Got is working eventually - I had to clear the system cache :-)
    Last edited by chamberinternet; Fri 13 Sep '13, 5:55am. Reason: Found the main reason to the issue...

Leave a comment:

• chamberinternet
    replied
    That's what I thought! - But I defo saved the message....

I'm going crazy on this!

Leave a comment:

• TLMD
    replied
    Are you sure you actually saved the edited message? Sometimes people forget that.

If yes, clear the browser cache (Ctrl+F5) when visiting your site.

Leave a comment:

• chamberinternet
    replied
    This is what I've done... But still the default message is appearing but than clearly see that default_guest_message has been changed within the AdminCP...

Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• wildstang83
    replied
    Originally posted by ovidiu View Post
    I need to Edit this message (visible on homepage if not logged in):

"If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below."

Where can I edit this message ?

Hi mate,

If you go into your Admin Control Panel, look on the left and find "Notices". Expand that and then click "Notices Manager". There you can edit that message. That message is called default_guest_message.

Here is a screenshot if you are having trouble locating the Notices drop down

Leave a comment:

• I need to Edit this message "If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above"...

I need to Edit this message (visible on homepage if not logged in):

"If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below."

Where can I edit this message ?