Help site has crashed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help site has crashed

For some reason the site started to get an error when uses posted about an invalid syntax now the site has crashed altogether. I can log in the adminCP ok but front end has lost the template on the main page, all other pages are totally missing, any ideas, this is a live site so I could do with fixing it asap,
    Sorry not to impressed with VB5 so far

sorry forgot to say site is www.grimsby-town.com

Comment

If you can, please try running the following queries on your database:

TRUNCATE TABLE cache;
      TRUNCATE TABLE cacheevent;

If you have a table prefix:

TRUNCATE TABLE PREFIXcache;
      TRUNCATE TABLE PREFIXcacheevent;

Change PREFIX to your table prefix.

Does the issue go away?

Are you running 5.0.3?

Comment

Hi yes I am running 5.0.3

Comment

Hi no this did not do anything, still get no template style on home page see www.grimsby-town.com

Comment

I also now get error 500 when i click the forum link

Comment

When I visit the link, I see that none of your files are on the system and it redirects to keyword based holding page. Did you remove the files?
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

sorry renamed the folder to see if i got the same with a fresh upload, its back to the right folder now but still is broken as before, admincp works ok though which i find strange

Comment

if i go to site homepage from admincp it goes to a blank white page with the url http://www.grimsby-town.com/core/ is this correct

Comment

if i was to install a full new site on another sql server can i import the user database with passwords form the old one

Comment

Originally posted by robandyuk View Post
                      if i go to site homepage from admincp it goes to a blank white page with the url http://www.grimsby-town.com/core/ is this correct
                      No this is not correct. You should not be accessing the site via the /core/ directory under any circumstance.

if i was to install a full new site on another sql server can i import the user database with passwords form the old one
                      Don't understand the question. All that needs to be done is to run the queries above on the existing site with the existing files. You should not have to change any of the files, or how you access the site. It needs to be accessible to us so we can view it though.

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

You need to ask your host what error is being logged when accessing this URL:
                        http://www.grimsby-town.com/css.php?...&ts=1374184356

We need the specific error out of the hosting provider's error log.

Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

not sure i can get them to tell me this as its 1&1 and they are not that helpfull. can VB% do any logging form the back end as that seems to work ok

Comment

We would need to see the error. Not sure why they wouldn't tell you what the error is. If they don't then they aren't worthy of your business.

Wayne Luke
                            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

i am on the phone to them now, sorry to sound desperate but we spent thousands of £ advertising the forum on radio today and does not look good when it does not work

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X