Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I add a "phone number" field to registration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe D.
    replied
    You should never be using Beta on a live site- please upgrade to the latest available version and see if you still have the issue.

Leave a comment:

• anna-123
    replied
    It's all clear, thank you.
    Could you help me, I've add new field in registration form, but the data are not saved. And users have to return to their personal page and re-enter the data.

I'm using 5.0.0 Beta 21, perhaps in new version this problem is solved.

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied
    To create a required user profile field first open the Admin CP.

Choose "User Profile Fields" from the side menu, expand it.

Choose "Add New User Profile Field"

On the next screen choose "Single Line Text Box" and Continue.

On the next page give it a Title like "Phone Number (Required)" and in the description explain why they need to include it.

The next few fields are self explanatory.

For "Field Required" choose YES at Registration AND Profile Updating.

"Field Editable By User" - Yes

Searchable on Member List and Shown on Member List - I would assume No even though there really isn't a Member List in VB5.

Regular Expression - This is an advanced feature you should ignore.

Display Page- Keep as Edit Profile.

Save the field.

It will now be required of ALL members when they register.

Leave a comment:

• How do I add a "phone number" field to registration?

I'm using 5.0.3 and need to require (NOT optional) users to add their phone number when registering. How do I do this?

I then want to display a message that they will be getting a text that they need to reply to. They will be a user awaiting approval until they reply to the text message upon which a moderator will manually approve the user.

I was also considering doing phone verification through Q&A human verification but realized it would be more difficult to implement. Any other ideas on how one could set up phone verification? Thanks is advance!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X