Various Problems with 5.0.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Various Problems with 5.0.2

Hi, I am a Admin a licenced Admin on VB4 and now helping out as a licenced VB5 Admin on a New Forum set to be opened to public fairly soon, The VB5 appears to have a few problems from what i can see,
    So can anyone suggest a fix or tell me whether i need to open a Support Ticket to get it fixed..

1.. Access Masks is Enabled in the General Setting in AdminCP, but if i changed the settings for access on a Users Profile and check back after saving the setting it is still set as default, so Access Masks is Not working .

2.. The Admin and Mod Links for the CP are missing from bottom right hand corner, but were there a week ago..

3.. Signatures.. 2 Members have these set with a link from Photobucket, These will show up as their signature whenever they feel like it. Does that member nees to be Logged in for other members to view it..

4.. How can i get the Sub Nav-bar visible to all members, It only shows for Admin..

5.. Should the URL setting in Admin CP have /core at the end, as on my VB4 Forum is doesnt, but note the VB5 mentions core in its description.

6.. Why when viewing the forum with /index.php i can see the Side Nav-Bars on the forum, but when viewing the forum as /forum the Side Nav-Bars are not visible.. Using the Forum button to view is a Blank Page as i am told the Forum is set up on the Host Server so no Public can View until the launch unless they add /index.php

7.. Is there a Tab for uploads from photobucket , or can it be created..

8.. Have been asked if a GARAGE Link is coming to VB5 , Been told it is available on Earlier VBs , so a member can click the Tab and it takes them to that members Full Details of their Ride etc..

Really appreciate any help on any of these questions,

Thanks

I already answered this over on vbulletin.org.

1. http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-1238
    2. They are added/removed via Site Builder > Footer
    3. Several bugs regarding sigs like this one - http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-5829
    4. Site Builder > Navigation Bar > click Edit pencil next to link > click Edit under Usergroups and set them up there.
    5. Yes, it should have /core at the end
    6. Links?
    7. There is no default tab to upload to photobucket. You would need to create it.
    8. I have no idea about that.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

1) This is a known issue. We're currently evaluating the need to continue this functionality. What are your needs for it?

2) These can added and removed in Site Builder by editing the footer. Recheck the permissions on them. If they have been deleted by someone, you'll need to re-add them.

3) It depends on the permissions set in the system. Normally though everyone can view signatures.

4) You would need to edit it and then edit the permissions for each link. You do this in the Site Builder by clicking on the Navigation Bar Link.

5) There is a Core URL Setting under Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details. This should have the proper /core url on it. /core should not be referenced in any other location.

6) This is a server setting, not something we do by default. In fact, our default URLS in vBulletin 5 do no reference index.php at all.

7) No... This would require custom coding.

8) This has never been a standard feature in vBulletin and continues to require custom coding.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks Lynne and Wayne..

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
        1) This is a known issue. We're currently evaluating the need to continue this functionality. What are your needs for it?
        Wayne we have a couple of Private Area's for Admin and Mods, but a couple of Mods do not want to see one of the sections , and also members we know well want to also have access, So the Access Masks is perfect for blocking and allowing access..

Comment

Access masks can become an insane nightmare to manage. I'd highly advise creating a new usergroup to manage access to the staff forums. Users who you need to see the staff forums, go into these groups.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
            Access masks can become an insane nightmare to manage. I'd highly advise creating a new usergroup to manage access to the staff forums. Users who you need to see the staff forums, go into these groups.
            I don't agree. If you only have a couple of forums where you have some select members you want to have access, then they are perfect for that. I use them on my own site for five forums and would much rather do it through access masks than have five more usergroups to keep track of.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
              I don't agree. If you only have a couple of forums where you have some select members you want to have access, then they are perfect for that. I use them on my own site for five forums and would much rather do it through access masks than have five more usergroups to keep track of.
              I agree Lynne,
              I use Access Masks a lot on our VB4 forum, It is so simple to then give and deny access to private sections, and also if members asked not to view certain topics..

Comment

Can anyone tell me what the URL link should be to make "Marks Channels Read" work, When i use it on our 5.0.2 Patch level 1 forum, The URL comes back as My URL here/# . So i need the code to follow the / to make the command to work.. Is there a fix for this or is it yet another bug..

Also the Most Users Online only saves for about 24 hrs and then resets back to 0 members, For instance yesterday i saw 6 members on line, and today it says most online users is 2 , Can the memory be set to forever or is it set at 24hrs permanently , Or maybe a Bug..

I am noticing lots of little bugs which i am hoping will be corrected over the next couple upgrades, As when our Licence was purchased we chatted to VB and they strongly recommended VB5, I Help on a VB4 forum and cannot believe they didnt upgrade from that, Maybe it should of stayed in Beta longer and test run on a few live forums to iron out troubles i am seeing posted else where. It should all come good in the future, but i feel the release was premature..

Comment