Forum Members Unable to Create Blogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Members Unable to Create Blogs

Hello guys: I just upgraded my forum to VB5 and, so far, so good. The issue I am having, however, is in relation to the blog module. I, as the administrator, click on 'blogs' and can rapidly see the 'create blog' button. However, other members of the community see nothing... they don't have the option to create a blog. I went into usergroups and checked 'post blog' permissions to 'yes.' However, the 'create blog' button does not appear. Can someone tell me what I may be doing wrong? Thank you!
    Robert Dave Johnston
    Fasting Coach
    Editor/Webmaster
    www.fitnessthroughfasting.com

Originally posted by moltten View Post
    Hello guys: I just upgraded my forum to VB5 and, so far, so good. The issue I am having, however, is in relation to the blog module. I, as the administrator, click on 'blogs' and can rapidly see the 'create blog' button. However, other members of the community see nothing... they don't have the option to create a blog. I went into usergroups and checked 'post blog' permissions to 'yes.' However, the 'create blog' button does not appear. Can someone tell me what I may be doing wrong? Thank you!
    We're still using 4.2.1 because we use the calendar and CMS so I can't actually tell you having not upgraded to vB5. We had similar problems with the CMS originally because sometimes you'd change a setting and unless you hit 'apply' as well as 'save' things didn't actually appear. Also in the CMS permissions area the buttons allowing people to edit/publish etc. don't actually work unless the user groups your users in have been given the relevant permissions for those sections. So if vB5 is anything like vB4, in the absence of any other replies, I'd be checking usergroup permissions for the sections you're interested in and making sure that whatever the equivalent 'apply' or 'save' buttons have been checked.

By the way. If you upgraded from vB4 did you just abandon your CMS and calendar, or were you just not using them in the first place?

Comment