Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does "Can't change the top level channel" mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark.B
    replied
    You can't add a channel there. You should only add channels under the Forum channel.

Leave a comment:

• [GReY]
    replied
    I am getting this same Error Message when I try to add a channel to the Special Category....

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I haven't encountered this issue and am able to set the default style without issue on my installations. You'll need to open a support ticket so someone can look at your installation because something is not standard about it.

Leave a comment:

• Ron G
    replied
    So, am I to assume that it is not possible to set a default custom skin in vB5?

Leave a comment:

• Ron G
    replied
    I added a new skin, but otherwise have modified nothing. My concern is that I am unable to set the new skin as the default.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Top level channels are Home, Forum, Blog, Groups, Special. These can't be edited.

However, I can't recreate the error in my 5.0.2 or 5.0.3 installs. Are you storing templates in the file system or have you made other changes to the styles?

Leave a comment:

• Ron G
    replied
    I don't know if this is a bug or simply due to my ignorance, but I really want to force a custom style to come up in place of the out of the box vBulletin style.

Leave a comment:

• scifi-meshes
    replied
    I have the exact same issue!

Leave a comment:

• Ron G
    started a topic What does "Can't change the top level channel" mean?

What does "Can't change the top level channel" mean?

I am trying to make a custom style the default, but whenever I try to change it in Admin CP | Options | Style and Language Settings, I get this error message. This is vB 5.0.2 patch level 1