what use is a blog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what use is a blog?

perhaps a bit of an odd question, but i would like to hear some views about what the blog format offers over the forum format...

im sort of considering removing the blogs all together if possible, but would like to know more about why one might want to keep them..

i never really used them so it may be simple, but only thing i can tell is maybe its better for a presentation, as the comments are less pronounced than posts?

however on my site, i have a special forum for presentation only and it forces comments to a discussion forum so im wondering what use blogs could be..

thanks! hope everyone is having a good day

Originally posted by IggyP View Post
    im sort of considering removing the blogs all together
    Don't remove them, you might want to use them later. There must be away to disable them?

I use them for articles and stuff. Because there is no CMS yet, I can use the blog for writing stuff about subjects that get my attention. I only wish that I could write it all in microsoft word, include pictures an what not, then paste it in directly.

Comment

ya im noticing how members can own them and put what permissions they want could be good....it seems alot similar tho, the groups/blogs, books/articles and dep how u have ur forums setup.. cuz even here there are tutorial forums already and it all comes up in search so pushes toward redundant?

what is the benefit of posting articles in a blog, rather than having a forum for articles(with other members posting disallowed)? its better to print or anything?
      i like how vb5 seems less confusing with the diff areas, but still part wondering how much is un-needed and cluttery..as well as which areas are best for diff reasons or purposes

Comment

i think they made the blogs the way they did to get people to post on peoples forums, thats a way for people to be seen , giving you more content for your sites. i could be wrong though

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X