X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jchlu
    replied
    OK,
    I've investigated this further and apologies for doubting you Joe!
    The album uploads are indeed being written to the file-system now, albeit in a different location to where I expected.
    I created a folder named "vb_attachments" above the webroot for security and attachment images for user 4321 (as an example) were written to a subfolder named "4321" but I could see album images were not being appended to this directory.
    Turns out the album images are written to a structure like this: vb_attachments/4/3/2/1/imagefile.jpg (in case anyone else is curious) so my testing the location by watching the user folder was what lead me to the wrong conclusion.
    Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• jchlu
    replied
    Thanks Joe,
    But I'm afraid I think I disagree - I have been testing v5 and I'm pretty sure that even since I changed the attachment storage to the filesystem, album uploads are writing as BLOB database entries.
    I will confirm this for sure in a short while once I'm back at my development environment site but I'd appreciate a sanity check...

Leave a comment:

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    Thanks for the screenshot.

The bug here is that Album picture storage type should be removed from the Admin CP in VB5. Album pictures are just attachments in VB5 with a specific content type, there is no separate setting for them anymore.

Opened a bug report in the tracker- http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-8847

Leave a comment:

• jchlu
    replied
    See attached grab for details.

Leave a comment:

• jchlu
    replied
    I just searched for the word "album" and get a list of links, one of which is "Album picture storage type"

Leave a comment:

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    Where exactly in the Admin CP are you going to move albumbs?

Leave a comment:

• /core/admincp/album.php is miossing from 5.0.0 stable release

I am testing 5.0.0 on a development machine prior to upgrading a live server and I'm trying to change the storage of attachments and album files to the file system, rather than the database.
    The attachments works fine but every time I try and do the same with albums I get an error in AdminCP.
    On further investigation, the links are pointing to a non-existing file - album.php.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X