Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly Beard
    replied
    Thanks, smgxtreme. I've just tried that and asked my other admin to see if it's working now. This step used to be much easier to "find" in vB 4 since it came up right after you promoted someone to administrator. Now you have to hunt for it a bit and if you're tired, it's really easy to miss because you'd expect it in a different location.

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied
    I am able to have new Admins log in without issue- are they getting a specific error? Do they see the ADMIN link in the footer?

Leave a comment:

• smgxtreme
    replied
    Yes, go to admincp > Left sidebar click "Usergroups" > Administrator Permissions > select user and give him the permissions, if it's full admin make sure you select all yes.
    If it says you don't have permission then make sure you add you ID number to config file on server.

Leave a comment:

• Kelly Beard
    started a topic Unable to grant access to the admin cp

Unable to grant access to the admin cp

Hi all,

I have been trying to promote members of my site's volunteer staff to administrators so that they can help with building styles. However, even though I have set their primary usergroup to administrator and that usergroup has full access, they are still unable to log into the admin cp in vB 5. Is there some additional steps that I need to take to grand them access to the admin cp?

Thanks!