Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading vBulletin 5 and Clearing Database

Hello vBulletin team,

I got vBulletin 5 about 3 days ago. I found that 5.0.0 was not stable enough for me. So I wanted to give the latest Beta copy a try if it works fine ok, if not I will go back to vBulletin 4 Suite.

I replaced the current vBulletin 5 files with the new files, I did a backup of the database. But when I try to access my-domain.tld/core/install/upgrade.php it redirects me to my-domain.tld/core/install/install.php which means It will do a fresh install! Please help I don't want to clear the database.

Did you redo the config.php files (both) or use the ones you had already created? If you created new ones, did you enter the correct table prefix?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

It looks like the table prefix was the issue, But seriously updating/upgrading vBulletin is a PAIN! Look at WordPress, instant update by one click. You should work on an easier way to upgrade so that users can pay for major upgrades as vB 4 to 5 and vB 5 to vB 6 in future.

Comment