Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• attachment problems

Hi all,
    I'm trying to get vB 5 working properly with adding attachments - particularly videos.
    I'm able to add a video as attachment, eg video1.avi
    And I've added the mime type as Content-Type: application/x-msvideo so that the video downloads.

However, a few points that are not clear whether this is normal:

1 - The attachment icon is showing as a text icon.
    2 - When the video is downloaded, it doesn't have the filename of the uploaded file, but image_{id}.avi

Is there a way to add custom icons or is there a video icon somewhere? And also how to make it download with the correct name (video1.avi)?

It seems, that all attachments are recognized as an image file...

I have also problems with attachments, but a little bit different.
    I can't upload non-image and non-video attachments, vB always gives errors as 'Error: This is not a valid image file.'
    I don't understand how, but vB recognizes .doc, .xls, .docx, .pdf as an image file, though in attachment manager for docx I set up 'Content-type: application/msword'

I also request for a help

Comment

Have you tried uploading .zip files?

Comment

The same is for zip file — This is not a valid image file

Comment

How are you uploading attachments? Are you using the attachment manager under "additional options" or an icon on the editor? The icon on the editor is only for images.

Comment

I use Additional Options

Comment

the attachment image from server does not work very well, it shows a letter "a" to click

Comment

The image turning into an "a" is a known bug in 5.0.0.

However I cannot replicate the problem using Additional Options. I suggest you open a support ticket with Admin CP login details in the "Sensitive Data" field.

Comment