Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DemOnstar
    replied
    Correct you are on every aspect. I go for the uniformity also....and also the losing of the white box...

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Well I know they are being resized now, which they weren't in 4.2. Our staff avatars look tiny, though you can see the full versions if you click our profiles.

I think the design aim is to have all the avatars a standard size (or at least a standard width anyhow), which improves the uniformity of the post view.
    The idea has its pros and cons. I have tried it on my 4.2 site but it makes some avatars squashed up and unreadable, whilst other smaller ones become stretched and ugly.

Personally...I think either the white box should be lost, or else it should exactly fit the avatar, which it seems not to do in all cases.

Not the most pressing of issues at the moment I will admit, but people like myself are a bit picky about such matters, hence I changed it some time ago on my test site.

Leave a comment:

• DemOnstar
    replied
    Yes, it is the border but they also look bunched up and too small. I guess maybe I am just used to seeing the older version.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    I think it's to do with the white box around them, which I'm personally not fond of.

I did away with that on my test site and used much the same css as I use on my vB4 site...avatars sit on a white background, with a light grey border that goes slightly darker on hover.

Leave a comment:

• DemOnstar
    started a topic Avatars

Why do the Avatars look untidy on this site?