Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to show forum channel and last poster in search module?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Site Builder] How to show forum channel and last poster in search module?

We have recently upgraded our site from vBulletin 4.2.5 to 5.4.4 and also replaced the old style vBadvanced homepage with a custom built in vBulletin Site Builder.

On the new homepage we have 3 search modules which are showing different content. The search modules have the view "topic" configured. The JSON looks like this:
    {"date":{"from":"30"},"type":["vBForum_Text"],"channel":["25","28","29","32","33","34","36","37","38","42","44","58","63","64","76","80","81","105" ,"109","110","16","78","82","83","106","107","17","53","72","73","74","30","71","108","19" ,"59","67","68","69","20","45","48","49","21","40","41","46","50","51","52","54","55","56" ,"57","65","75","22","31","47","77","79","84","85","86","87","88","89","90","91","92","93" ,"94","95","96","97","98","99","100","101","102","103","104"],"sort":{"lastcontent":"desc"},"view":"topic","exclude_type":["vBForum_PrivateMessage"]}

How can we add the forum category/channel in the search modules output? This affects both mobile style and the desktop one.
    How can we add the last poster username in the search modules output? This affects the mobile style. The desktop dito shows that info already )by default).

Site: https://www.fiskesnack.com

Any tips on how to add the channel info and last poster info in the homepage search module? My users is asking about it.

Comment

To show the channel, you need to select the option "Display Post Footer links".

To show the last poster, you have to show by post or select the display type of Topics when editing the module.

The two options are exclusive.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
        To show the channel, you need to select the option "Display Post Footer links".

To show the last poster, you have to show by post or select the display type of Topics when editing the module.

The two options are exclusive.
        Your suggested solution does not work. The "View" option is on "Topic" (Not "Standard") and the "Display post footer links" setting only affects the "Standard" view according to the text. Its "On" anyway. The strange thing is that when i push the "Show all" button beneath the topics the channel names appears. But not directly in the search module. See attached images in post above yours.

The "Last poster" is visible in the Desktop view but not in the Mobile version. We want to show it on the mobile version also but the channel info is more important at the moment.
        Last edited by Mr B; Mon 22nd Oct '18, 9:23pm.

Comment

As I said in my post, the two options conflict with each other. You cannot show the footer links if you use the Topic view.

Desktop vs. Mobile is a completely different beast. There is no "Mobile Style". There is one style that changes due to the display and its stated resolution. You have much limited display on many mobile devices and cannot change this with options on the module. We pick the information that is the most valuable to the most customers. You can alter the templates and CSS to show different information in responsive views. I don't have the exact code at hand at the moment.

You'll want to look at the display_contenttype_searchwidget_* templates.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment