Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options. ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options. ?

Hi All,
    I am a beginner but I am willing to learn. Our website just updated from vB3 to vB5 and I am trying to make it look like it used to. I am not experienced with programming or web design and I need help to get my website back to working. I have been looking at the vB5 help videos but they all say to use site builder but I don't have that option when I log in. I am an admin on the site so I should be able to see this. I have looked on the cPanel for a way to enable the site builder tool bar but I have not found this yet.

It has a box that says You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options. There is nothing that says "edit site."

Can some please help me with this? Thanks!

Lynne
    Last edited by gazoo@smmas.org; Sat 21st Jul '18, 10:30am. Reason: more detail

SiteBuilder is an Administrator permission in the admincp under Usergroups / Administrator Permissions

Comment

Thank you Omnibus!

I went to Usergroups/ Admin Permissions and this is what it says:

"Sorry, you are not allowed to edit administrator permissions.

If you think you should have permission to access this page, you will need to edit the $config['SpecialUsers']['superadmins'] variable in the includes/config.php file.

To allow the administrators to access this page, edit the variable to include the user IDs of those administrators should have access, separating each user ID with a comma, like this:

$config['SpecialUsers']['superadmins'] = '1,25,57';

To allow only a single administrator to access this page, simply add that user's ID with no commas, like this:

$config['SpecialUsers']['superadmins'] = '1';"

Where do I find this?

Comment

Is that in the vb/core/includes/ folder?

Comment

Originally posted by gazoo@smmas.org View Post
          Is that in the vb/core/includes/ folder?
          Yes ... /core/includes/config.php

Be sure to use a text editor like Notepad++ , not a word program. Be sure to save the file before you overwrite it.

Comment

Yay! Thank you! It is there now! You are awesome!

Comment