How to duplicate the Articles module?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to duplicate the Articles module?

I asked this very question nearly two years ago after first purchasing vB 5, and so I'm going to ask again in hopes that something may have changed on this particular matters.

The reason I purchased vBulletin 5 was to design a content driven website.
    After which I learned that vB 5 didn't offer custom module creation at the time, and was rather limited in terms of what we could do without getting into some custom codding.
    And the problem was I try to create a news driven front page with vB 5, that the features required to accomplish this were are all available. ie, the default Articles page looks quite nice, but... is dedicated to the Articles page. And so if we move it to the frontpage to mask it as a news aggregator, then the Articles page is now committed? Which isn't convenient in cases where the Articles module is a part of a site. - think content publishing

Now to be fair the solution doesn't seem very far off in that the Articles page /module could be either, replicated or copied so that the functions used in this module could be applied in part(ideally) in other pages. This way, the Articles module could remain intact as a document index and the front page could scrape articles or content from designated pages also. Complete with thumnails, newsbits and layout customization.

And so the question I have is can this be done with the latest release of vB 5 Connect?
    I scoured the forums in search of an answer but found nothing but similar replies on both vb.com and vb.org without any answers.

At this time the Articles module itself can only be used where it is.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.2 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
      At this time the Articles module itself can only be used where it is.
      How about making it so we can duplicate or create custom modules?

Comment

You are welcome to raise an improvement request.

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/...91&issuetype=4

You only need to complete the SUMMARY and DESCRIPTION fields, we'll sort the rest.

We take all suggestions into account when determining the feature set for new versions but we cannot confirm whether a particular feature will be included in a version.

Comment

What about screenshots?
          Would it possible to add some screens to better explain the idea?

Comment

Yes, you can attach files there.

Comment