Need add address to site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need add address to site

I need to add our name, address and phone number etc to bottom of the forum pages and I want these to match my main web site. Also add to the header section.
    Finally I want to remove the image background at the top of the page - it shows the Denim background. Any ideas please.
    http://www.leisurebuildings.com/help/
    Regards,
    Robin

1. You need to add a template hook at footer_before_body_end location and put the HTML tags you have in the footer of your main site to the template code. See one of my mods in my signature below to see instructions on how to create a template hook.
    2. Edit the Style Variable main_nav_admin_bar_bottom_line_background in the Denim theme by removing the background

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

Thank you for that. I will give that a go.

Comment

Hi Glenn,

In the Footer template there is this code {vb:hook footer_before_body_end}

When I go to Hooks & Products - Manage Hooks I can select Add New Hook.
        I then select --footer_before_body_end
        I give it a title
        It then asks for a template name (which I assume this is what I put my footer code etc into)
        If that is the case then where should this template go in my forum directories.
        I don't think I need to worry about Hook Arguments as the code will just be straightforward HTML code.

It's just knowing where the templates needs to go which is my problem (I think)

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
        Robin

Comment

You just need to put the template name not the entire HTML code.
          Then you need to create that template in Styles & Themes > Style Manager > Add New Template (for the target theme). That's where you will put in the HTML code.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

Hi Glenn,

Well over the last few days I've followed your advice and managed to amend the main template on my site and the header now matches my web site. I will go back to the footer at a later stage.

There's a couple of areas where I need some help, if possible.

If you go to this page http://www.leisurebuildings.com/help...fit-in-3ft-gap you will see that the Title is too large so I need to know what template I should be editing to sort this out (i.e. alter the size of the font). Also the +SUBSCRIBE button I would like to remove but can't find out what template that it#'s on.

Thanks,
            Regards,
            Robin

Comment