Navigation on all pages?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navigation on all pages?

I want to mirrion the navigation bar and sub navigation on all pages but cannot find a way to do this without added each page to the navigation. Is there anyway to extend it to all pages through admincp?

What pages don't have the navigation bar? what sub navigation are you talking about? The one under the active tab/navbar? That is specific to the tab that is active.

Comment

Yes thats right. The one under the active tab navbar. All other pages do not have the links: registration, forum pages, etc do not display that bar. I need to mirror it on every page in my site so that users may navigate to the necessaries without having to navigate back and forth.

Comment

I do not see a way to easily copy a whole sub-menu from one to another navtab.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Hmmmm? This is a big design flaw in my opinion. Every website in the world has a mirrored navigation bar. There are far too many pages for me to add them to nav just in order to add subnav to all of them. It would look way too cluttered. Maybe I should re-post this in the suggestions section?

Comment

I would post it in the suggestion forum, but also make sure you post it as a suggestion in Jira and include the link in your post.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Shouldn't your main navigation be done with the TABS? the sub navigation is for specific areas under the tab, I'd think.

Comment

@Zachery - you are correct. But in order to have subnav you have to first have a tab on the main nav and then you include the subnav under each one. It is cool to have the ability to include and not include but the flaw is that it cannot be mirrored so that ones site looks uniform and has a better UI. When you start having dozens of pages (such as that of a forum) it becomes to cluttered to include every page in the main nav.

Does this make sense to you guys?

BTW Thanks Lynne, I will make sure to add it!
                Last edited by Reklaw; Thu 27th Dec '12, 12:16pm. Reason: LYNNE

Comment

Seems like a re-usable menu component would do what you want and save time. I've added this issue here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-6770
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
                  vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                  I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks Wayne!

Comment