Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Templates names in Site Builder not working properly -> changed back to default names after being applied to a new forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Templates names in Site Builder not working properly -> changed back to default names after being applied to a new forum

Hi
    I need to create different templates for different sections of my forum in order to have different Adcodes for advertising.

Wayne's advice for SiteBuilder seemed to worked properly: ("enter the sub-forum, save the template with "No" in Overwrite, give it a new name, make the necessary changes and save, apply the same template to other sub-forums as needed")

However, when I apply that new template to a new forum and save the changes, the new name assigned (e.g.. "Forum x") changes back to the default one "Default Channel Page Template).
    So I end up with a dozen different "Default Channel Page Template" on the end of the Sitebuilder template list and I cannot possibly know to which forum each one belongs.

Can someone help me understand what am I doing wrong?

-------
    Please see the last 2 last right icons on the photo below to see an example. Both template were had names like "forum 1" and "forum 2" but after I applied them to a forum the names changed back to the default names "Default Channel Page Template" (even if they have the correct content inside)
    ------

Regards

Seems like a bug. What version of vBulletin 5 are you using?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

version 5.1.4

How should I proceed?
      Last edited by pferreira; Wed 10th Dec '14, 2:51am.

Comment