Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I add a Forum Home Module to a tab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I add a Forum Home Module to a tab?

I create a tab called Forums. Now I would like to add a module so that it will display all the forums contained in Forum catagory.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	3724705

Hi Andy. Assuming you have created a page for that tab and pointed the tab to that page, you simply need to drag the activity module to the page, then click on the pencil at the side of it which will give you your options. Since you only want the forums to show, uncheck all the checkboxes other than directory for what to show, then save the page
    Husky Owners Forum - For all Siberian Husky Owners

Comment

Thank you, soniceffect.

I followed your instructions, but it doesn't save. It shows like it's saving, but when I edit again the module is not shown where I dragged it to.

edit. Okay I put it in the second box and now it saves. But I still can't get it to show a forum.

Comment

See the dotted lines? Put your modules in the middle set of dotted lines.

What does the Activity Stream module show on your page?

What happened to the main page that ships with the software? Why not just adjust the module there to fit your needs.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Hi Wayne,

Yes the middle set of dotted lines allows saving the module.

Currently the Activity Stream module shows this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	3690354

The Home tab was either deleted or renamed, I forget what all the steps I have done in the past two hours to get a forum to display under a Forums tab.

- - - Updated - - -

I deleted the database so I can start over with a default forum. Okay now I can view a forum and start a new topic.

Comment

Ummm.. Why not just edit the HOME tab and change its name to Forums. Then you can edit the page itself and change its URL to have forums at the end.

From there you can create a new home page if you want and give its tab the / path.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
              Ummm.. Why not just edit the HOME tab and change its name to Forums. Then you can edit the page itself and change its URL to have forums at the end.

From there you can create a new home page if you want and give its tab the / path.
              That's exactly what I tried to do, but the HOME tab cannot be renamed in the EDIT NAVIGATION BAR page, it reverts back to the HOME name.

Comment

That should be logged as a bug then.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                  That should be logged as a bug then.
                  Done.

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-4606

Comment