Can't Remove a members subscription

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Remove a members subscription

I have a member that accidentally subscribe to an entire forum, our most active one. Yahoo has blocked the server because excessive emails so I removed his subscriptions through the admin 'Delete Subscriptions' option. They don't show in his profile on the front end but thousands of emails are still being added to que to be sent to him from that subscription. How do I kill it?

I've flushed cache, Fixed broken profiles, restarted apache & mail .... nothing
    **Need Authorize.net for auto subscription renewals, vote for it here!

VB 5.6.2 Patch Level 1
    PHP 7.3.6
    10.3.24-MariaDB

How many emails do you have queued? Should be listed on the front page of the AdminCP.

Have to flush that queue by running the Email Scheduled Task or emptying the mailqueue table in the database.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      How many emails do you have queued? Should be listed on the front page of the AdminCP.

Have to flush that queue by running the Email Scheduled Task or emptying the mailqueue table in the database.
      10 queued emails.

I've done that.

I can spend all day going into WHM's mail que and emails for him, for that forum I've unsubscribed him from and they just keep piling up.

VB 5.6.2 Patch Level 1
      PHP 7.3.6
      10.3.24-MariaDB

Comment

I meant the mailqueue table in vBulletin. But if there are only a small number of queued emails, I am not sure where they are coming from.

Is he subscribed to the parent forum?

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          I meant the mailqueue table in vBulletin. But if there are only a small number of queued emails, I am not sure where they are coming from.

Is he subscribed to the parent forum?
          Right.

He is not subscribed to the parent, he was accidentally, but it was removed yet the systems is still trying to send emails.

VB 5.6.2 Patch Level 1
          PHP 7.3.6
          10.3.24-MariaDB

Comment

There are multiple layers of subscriptions... Channel and Topic. If he is subscribed to a channel or its parent, he will get subscriptions. If he is subscribed to individual topics, he'll get subscriptions even if he isn't subscribed to the forum.

Delete all the users subscriptions in the AdminCP by editing their user account and choosing delete all subscriptions from the drop down.

Then run a query on the subscribediscussion table to see if he still has any...

SELECT * FROM subscribediscussion WHERE userid='XXXX' just replace XXXX with their userid. If they do exist for some reason then run DELETE FROM subscribediscussion WHERE userid='XXXX';

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I did both of those as well, still getting emails in the mail server, but not in VB's mailque table

VB 5.6.2 Patch Level 1
              PHP 7.3.6
              10.3.24-MariaDB

Comment

Worked with the hosting company for 30min on this, we've flushed all caches, and restarted every service that could touch this an nothing .... emails still getting into the servers mailque

VB 5.6.2 Patch Level 1
                PHP 7.3.6
                10.3.24-MariaDB

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X