X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vlnm.2035
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
    That setting is completely obsolete in vBulletin 5. It's due to be removed at some point but isn't currently a priority.

In vBulletin 5, users are presented with a WYSIWYG interface by default, the source editor can be selected by clicking the button on the far left of the lower editor toolbar.
    I hear you. Thank you for your explanation.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    That setting is completely obsolete in vBulletin 5. It's due to be removed at some point but isn't currently a priority.

In vBulletin 5, users are presented with a WYSIWYG interface by default, the source editor can be selected by clicking the button on the far left of the lower editor toolbar.

Leave a comment:

• vlnm.2035
    started a topic The Bug with User's Editor setting

The Bug with User's Editor setting

There is rare functionality which is seldom using by users, however it is still supported by vBulletin. I mean an ability to choose an Editor's type.

1. In Admin settings of user there is field with ability to choose type of the Editor

Click image for larger version  Name:	w-KMkjTN.png Views:	0 Size:	8.7 KB ID:	4447231

2. Standard Editor allows to print messages with html based functionality, including tags inside of the text. When I apply this type of interface to an User, he is glad that it is exact that he wanted. However... after some time this setting doesn't apply to user experience more (stop working).

Could you please explain if I making something wrong or is it a vBulletin bug?
    How could I make it being permanent Editor type for some user?

3. Additional question. This setting doesn't apply to edit mode. When user wants to edit previous message, it also doesn't work. I wasn't able to see it being working at all in editing mode.

It is complicated function, hard to describe in a post format. If you didn't understand me, please ask more questions and I try to describe it again.

Thank you for your coding. Excellent Forum and fantastic support!