Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eng.mohd.badawi
    replied
    it seems deletion stoped once pointing the forum to the data base backup .. i will keep monitoring in case it continues

also I did the permission change to avoid this in future

Thanks wayne

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    If you restarted the server and pointed vBulletin to a backup of the database, the deletion shouldn't continue. It would only occur if MySQL was uninterrupted. Even then, the queries would be issued against the old database, not the backup.

If you can't prevent yourself from using the permanent delete functionality, you can turn it off under Channel Management -> Moderator Permissions. Edit each moderator and remove their permission to permanently delete posts. They will still be able to soft delete topics.

Leave a comment:

• Eng.mohd.badawi
    replied
    i did restart the server, also I took a backup from the database and connected the forum to the new one hopfully it will stop deleting ... untel now I lost 755 topics unfortunately all of them indexed by google

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    There is no functionality to stop this that I am aware of. Maybe turning off the server and restarting it. I don't know what the state of your database would be in if it was turned off mid-transaction.

Leave a comment:

• Eng.mohd.badawi
    started a topic stop permanent topic delete queue

stop permanent topic delete queue

it seems I made permanent delete for all thread posted by specific user , the user has more than 5000 threads it seems that deletion has some queue and the threads are being deleted one by one

is their any way to stop the deletion queue ? and stop the deletion of more threads ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 4.09.32 PM.png
Views:	124
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	4441488