Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The Cookie Domain and Cookie Path variables should not be altered unless you have multiple vBulletin's running on the same domain. Even then, it is a better protocol to use a different cookie prefix for each installation.

With vBulletin 3 and 4, these options were changed more often. With the switch to httponly and secure cookies in vBulletin 5, changing them causes more problems than it solves. Due to this they have been hidden from everyone but the most advanced users.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    You need to put the site into debug mode OR use tools.php in order to access these settings.

This change was made in order to discourage people making changes to these settings and breaking their site.

You need to be aware that you can break your site changing these settings. They should not be changed unless you know what you’re doing.

Leave a comment:

• panoramia
    commented on 's reply
    well, I need it and vBulletin says it should be there at https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/...ookieandheader but it's not on vBulletin v5.5.2

• may
    replied
    Have you ever seen or confirmed any cookie when you enter your site?
    Why should there be a cookie setting?

Running vB 5.5.5

Leave a comment:

• panoramia
    replied
    Is this the kind of forum support one gets with vBulletin? I've asked a simple question about a missing functionality and no custom support from any admin! No wonder so many of your clients are giving bad reviews on vBulletin, myself included! I wonder if any admin will ever answer my question

Leave a comment:

• panoramia
    commented on 's reply
    Mohammed Abu Risha I need to tamper with cookies to manage payments and logins from another application

• Mohammed Abu Risha
    commented on 's reply
    Could it be that the cookies are not anyways stored as files?

• Mohammed Abu Risha
    commented on 's reply
    I checked my formus, and likewise did not see this option although I am a superadmin. Is it important to tamper with the cookies path?

• panoramia
    replied
    Hello again,

It's been a few days since I asked this question and nobody answered my problem

The first place I looked for those settings was at Options/Cookies and HTTP Header Options but it's not there.

Where is this setting? I can't find it.

See screenshot. Mine and a friend's using vBulletin. My settings have NOTHING to do with the ones I should be seeing.
    Why am I having this problem? How can this be fixed? I am a superadmin, shouldn't I be able to see it? I checked config.php and my userid = 1 has super admin privileges. Where could be the problem?

This is what I see, no COOKIE DOMAIN option
    Click image for larger version

Name:	vbulletin_error2.png
Views:	103
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	4428254

See below what I should be seeing, but I can't see anything like that in my settings. Why?

Click image for larger version

Name:	vbulletin_error_bue.png
Views:	75
Size:	196.4 KB
ID:	4428255

Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• panoramia
    started a topic cannot find cookie domain URL settings

cannot find cookie domain URL settings

Good morning,

I am trying to find cookie domain URL settings in my vBulletin 5 installation. I just can't find it. I think I looked everywhere but I couldn't find it.
    I am a super administrator but I just can't see the cookie domain settings.

The first place I looked for those settings was at Options/Cookies and HTTP Header Options but it's not there.

Where is this setting? I can't find it.

See screenshot. Mine and a friend's using vBulletin. My settings have NOTHING to do with the ones I should be seeing.
    Why am I having this problem?

Thanks a lot
    Last edited by panoramia; Thu 28th Nov '19, 8:43pm.