security issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• security issue

Hi, if a vbulletin website has a security issue or hacked how should i proceed ?

- is it important to give more information (website login/pass) to vbulletin staff to understand the security breach before doing anything ?
    - is there a specific precaution before restoring a saved website copy after security issue / attack ?
    - after doing security patch and upgrade, what's the best recommendation for basic security configuration or softwares ( using plesk in my case) to protect a vbulletin website ?

with deep gratitude

• If you want us to fix the issue, we'll need access to your server.
    • Delete all existing files before restoring any backup.
    • Files in the vBulletin directories should not be writable. Not sure if you can set that up with Plesk or not. You'd have to contact your hosting provider.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

thank you Wayne, yes definitely i'll be happy to give you (or vbulletin staff) access to server, before deleting anything maybe it's interesting for vbulletin staff to see these hacking files and so prevent this happening in the future for other vbulletin users, and i'll be happy also to do learn how you clean it and fix it the right way. and yes in plesk its possible to set directories not writable.

thank you to give me directives how to give you access to server..

Comment

The files that are the end results really aren't that interesting to us. They won't tell us anything new on what happened.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X