choosing forums for Latest Topic display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• choosing forums for Latest Topic display

I have the need to have a specific forum not have it’s topics show up on the “latest topics” display

The forum is viewable by all members, but is for off topic discussions, and posts in this off topic forum tend to crowd out the latest topics display.

What are some solutions to this?

Thanks!

Edit the module and CTRL-Click the forums you want to display in the module.

In the Site Builder menu, click "Edit Page". Then click the Edit (Pencil) icon for the module in question. There will be a list of channels, chances are that all of them are selected. You can CTRL-Click on items to deselect them or select one and ctrl-click others to add to the list. The control works like a standard multi-select form box. Those with a gray background are selected. Those with a white background are not selected.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Here is a screenshot of what I am trying to edit which forums display.

It seems that this is a link to a page, not a module.

My site is VB cloud hosted.

Thanks!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	7687086B-AABC-4780-A753-F67478B38A0B.jpeg
Views:	82
Size:	256.8 KB
ID:	4422047

Comment

You would have to manually edit the link and use the specific and/or exclude filters as outlined here: https://forum.vbulletin.com/articles...he-search-json

Node IDs for individual channels can be seen in the Channel Manager within the AdminCP.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          You would have to manually edit the link and use the specific and/or exclude filters as outlined here: https://forum.vbulletin.com/articles...he-search-json

Node IDs for individual channels can be seen in the Channel Manager within the AdminCP.
          OK, so I need a little guidance on this.

The node ID I want to exclude from the search is 392367

How would I format the link to exclude this? Here is the original link.

https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/LATESTPOSTS

Thanks!

Comment

To exclude a channel you would add the following into your JSON string:

"exclude":XX where XX; is the channel ID.

I don't know what the specific string is that you're currently using for the page.

Wayne Luke

Comment

To exclude a channel you would add the following into your JSON string:

"exclude":XX where XX; is the channel ID.

I don't know what the specific string is that you're currently using for the page.
              Here is the link. It is just one of the stock buttons that the editing software allows toy to use in the Navigation Bar.

https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/LATESTPOSTS

I do not know what a JSON string is.

Comment

That leads me to a page. The JSON string is what tells the system what to display on the page. If you're using a module on the page, then it is the settings that I mentioned in my first reply.

The URL doesn't does anything to help solve your problem.

Wayne Luke

Comment

That leads me to a page. The JSON string is what tells the system what to display on the page. If you're using a module on the page, then it is the settings that I mentioned in my first reply.

The URL doesn't does anything to help solve your problem.
                  Wayne I do not know how to get from where I am to where I’d like to go.

My site is hosted and the link is just something I choose from the navigatin bar edit function.

Comment

Go to the link. Click "EDIT PAGE". Edit the Search Module on the page. This will show you all the options or the JSON string.

This page is something you created because there is no LATESTPOSTS page in a default installation of vBulletin.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Go to the link. Click "EDIT PAGE". Edit the Search Module on the page. This will show you all the options or the JSON string.

This page is something you created because there is no LATESTPOSTS page in a default installation of vBulletin.
                      Thanks!!!

I think at some point I must have created the page. Editing it did the trick.

Comment