New Member Post Approval Broken in 5.5.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member Post Approval Broken in 5.5.4

Wayne, your post approval thing we’ve used a couple of years now is not approving members at the 3-post setting since the 5.5.4 update. I’m having to approve posts 4, 5, 6, ...maybe more. That’s what I’ve noticed since our site was updated recently. Do you know anything about this? Possibly any setting changes I need to hunt down due to the update? Everything looks correct in my UGs and Promos.

Just realized I may have posted this in the wrong section... please move to support section if needed. Thanks!

Comment

Have the users been promoted to the new usergroup?

That scheduled task only runs once per hour at 25 minutes past the hour mark. If the user registers at 30 minutes past the hour mark and makes 10 posts, you will have to approve all 10 of them. Even then, they only get promoted once you have actually approved 3 of their posts and at the 25 minute past the hour mark when the task runs again. So if you only check approvals once a day, they could wait for 24 hours before being approved.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Thanks for the reply...

I’ve got to watch it a little closer, but they do finally end up in the proper group. I thought today it may be a backend delay, associated with my mod times, but I hadn’t noted posts times and approvals yet. That was my next step. At the moment, all I could see was they were finally making into the “approved” group around the 4th, 5th, or 6th post... expressing it’s a delay. (as of monitoring it today) it is likely what you’re saying... delay between posts, approvals, and final server promo. Knowing the function time helps me confirm that.

While we’re on the subject, I have noticed that older members coming back after many years also getting defaulted (with more than 3 posts) into the unapproved (registered) group. I often have to approve posts from these older members as well who haven’t posted in a long time. Usually it’s just a post or two. Is this just an effect of me adding the promo after they were a member with older posts? Is the server not checking all members’ post counts until they made a recent post? (e.g. is it only checking the past hour’s member postings and counts?) If so, is there a way to run this for an update? (from a cloud account POV)

Thanks.

Comment

In regards to old members...

If they weren't active and weren't promoted when the Promotion was created, they would get promoted after being active. A few posts may get caught in the moderation queue for the same reason as above. They were in the registered usergroup and caught between the Scheduled Tasks run times. Since Cloud customers don't have access to Scheduled Tasks, this makes it difficult to run promotions manually. There might need to be an improvement/feature request around this.

Wayne Luke

Comment

That's what I expected.

Thanks for the follow-up.

Comment

I've added a feature request to simplify running promotions for Cloud customers - https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-19650

Wayne Luke

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X