My thoughts about vBulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My thoughts about vBulletin

I love vBulletin 5.0 but its so hard to edit the templates to create the style and html look I want. I liked vBulletin 3. series because when you were editing a template you know what your doing. Im completely confused with the way 5.0 is designed

You shouldn't have to edit the default templates to change 85% of the look and feel of vBulletin. It is all controlled by CSS. CSS was very basic when vBulletin 3.X was developed.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

vBulletin 5 is way to complicated for me to understand after trying to edit it for an hour.

Comment

What are you trying to do? Like I said you shouldn't need to touch templates for the majority of changes. Especially with Site Builder, Module Options, and CSS.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I didnt touch the templates from what you first said. The way the admin front end designing and changing things is complicated.
          Last edited by sexypbobb; Tue 23rd Jul '19, 11:38am.

Comment

I guess im having a hard time finding what to edit with all these different admin options to change it the way I want. I got rid of the side menu and I want to bring the forums width all the way across and doint know where or how to do that is one thing im having a hard time finding

Comment

1. Edit Page.
              2. Click on the Change Layout Tab.
              3. Choose the Full width Layout.
              4. Save Page.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-07-23_12-21-59.png
Views:	363
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	4418932

Wayne Luke

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X