Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A login box module would be great, and in lack thereof, is there a login box URL that I can link to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A login box module would be great, and in lack thereof, is there a login box URL that I can link to?

I would like to be able to provide an informative message to non-logged-in users in certain situations, asking them to log in.

Best of all would be a vBulletin "module" to drop on the vBulletin page in question in the Site Builder, but there seems to be nothing of the kind, am I right? (this would be a great feature suggestion from me otherwise!)

If I cannot show a login-box in a page directly like this, is there at least any way I can provide a link in my message that the users can click to get directly to a login box?

I cannot seem to find any such URL for a login box, but rather only the small drop-down-login option in the top right part of the vBulletin pages, which is quite hard for some users to see.

You can use the Display Template Module and tell it to display the login_form template.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2019-06-10_15-59-06.png Views:	0 Size:	26.7 KB ID:	4416600

You can also put your module on a custom page and direct the user to that location. You can use the Module Permissions to hide the module from users who have already logged in based on their usergroup.

The URL to the login form is /auth/login-form. However it is designed without a header and footer due the iframe login.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thanks, works great!

Where can I find more info about all such available "templates" to show in the Display Template Module?

Comment

I found the templates myself under the Style section in the AdminCP.

Comment

Some templates may not work properly. Especially if it is a sub-template. I haven't tested to check all the templates.

Wayne Luke

Comment

The problem with this is the Login form was designed to set focus to the username field on load of the login iframe. On mobile, the module may be at the bottom of the page. So when homepage is loaded, it will scroll immediately to the login module as a result of the username getting focus. This can be annoying to users especially those who are not members of the forum yet.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

• Glenn Vergara
              Glenn Vergara commented
              Editing a comment
              I also use this on my site. But to avoid the issue I mentioned in my previous post, I had to do a workaround for mobile.

It is workaround that they can choose to use. It isn't perfect. Changing how the form works actually requires refactoring the entire login process. Something that is on the todo list.

Wayne Luke

Comment