Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anja Volder
    commented on 's reply
    This topic appeared during my search with some keywords. I'm still looking for a gallery similar as photopost. Although I have 8.03 Gold still in my files, I'm not sure it can be bridged with VB5 wich I currently purchased.

• In Omnibus
    replied
    Originally posted by Anja Volder View Post

Today I was told Coppermine en vBulletin 5 can not be bridged so I'm looking for another gallery as well because my photopost is also out of order
    That suggestion was two years ago so I am unsurprised it is no longer a viable solution.

I should also disclose for the sake of transparency that I did some work for the customer to whom I was making that suggestion and that her forums were still running a very outdated version of the software in order to keep PhotoPost working. I would not recommend that.

Leave a comment:

• Anja Volder
    replied
    Originally posted by geiri View Post

I ran a great site with vbulletin and photopost. miss that much
    So did I untill the host decided to replace my software to a PHP 7.3 server.

Leave a comment:

• Anja Volder
    replied
    Originally posted by In Omnibus View Post
    You might try Coppermine. http://coppermine-gallery.net/

The software is free and there are a large number of plugins for importing photos.
    Today I was told Coppermine en vBulletin 5 can not be bridged so I'm looking for another gallery as well because my photopost is also out of order

Leave a comment:

• HelmetStudio
    replied
    I'm in need of a simple gallery as well.

Leave a comment:

• Asher
    replied
    Any new ideas or recommendations for gallery software to add to vB?

Asher
    http://opfGalleryOne.com

Leave a comment:

• geiri
    replied
    This has been needed for years. sad to see no support..

I ran a great site with vbulletin and photopost. miss that much

Leave a comment:

• imager
    replied
    Originally posted by Robyn L View Post
    I currently have a Photopost gallery. My site is very gallery oriented and so I need a robust gallery program. Photopost is no longer sold and there is no support for it. It's also very restrictive with what you can do with it. For example it is impossible to delete one member's gallery. If I needed to do that I would have to delete each image individually and when one member has over 1500 gallery images that is very, very time consuming.

So my question is............does anyone know of another gallery program that would be compatible with VB 5, and if so, can images from Photopost be imported. If it's a yes to these questions I would also need to purchase help to import as this would be quite beyond my limited expertise. Thank you.

This is my gallery:
    http://gallery.justartscrapbooking.com/
    I'm in your boat; I have three photography forums, two with Photopost and I fear that it's a security vulnerability. I also have no idea which version of PHP I can upgrade to while running PhotoPost. It's also very clunky.

I've had a brief look at Coppermine but it looks a bit light on features.

I have one forum running Dragonbyte's gallery but they have no interest in supporting vB5 and it's also limited in features for what we have in mind.

Leave a comment:

• NumNum
    replied
    Robyn L if you would be so kind, let us know what you find for a solution. I previous was using iGalerie, but eventually switched to a different forum software and no longer needed it. They may have a demo site that you can play around with.

A robust media gallery is something lacking in vBulletin and I would love to see it developed, there just isn't enough push for it presently.

Leave a comment:

• In Omnibus
    replied
    You might try Coppermine. http://coppermine-gallery.net/

The software is free and there are a large number of plugins for importing photos.

Leave a comment:

• Robyn L
    started a topic Suitable galleries for VBulletin 5

Suitable galleries for VBulletin 5

I currently have a Photopost gallery. My site is very gallery oriented and so I need a robust gallery program. Photopost is no longer sold and there is no support for it. It's also very restrictive with what you can do with it. For example it is impossible to delete one member's gallery. If I needed to do that I would have to delete each image individually and when one member has over 1500 gallery images that is very, very time consuming.

So my question is............does anyone know of another gallery program that would be compatible with VB 5, and if so, can images from Photopost be imported. If it's a yes to these questions I would also need to purchase help to import as this would be quite beyond my limited expertise. Thank you.

This is my gallery:
    http://gallery.justartscrapbooking.com/