• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• panoramia
    commented on 's reply
    I've added that improvement request to the tracker. Thanks a lot

• Glenn Vergara
    commented on 's reply
    If we change the layout of the thread to be similar to what I illustrated above, then it would make sense that you can't comment on the first post. All direct responses (replies) to the first post would be displayed directly under the first post while responses (comments) for a reply would be displayed directly under that reply and not under the first post. This is similar to how Facebook commenting works where your direct comments (called replies in vB) to a post are listed under the FB post, and comments to a comment are listed under that comment.

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    If you feel that the logic behind this needs changed, please feel free to raise an Improvement Request in the Tracker linked above.

Leave a comment:

• panoramia
    commented on 's reply
    I understand what you mean, what I am saying is that it's illogical. Most of my members ask why that can't be done, the majority of them. If I write a post, the first post of a thread should also have that feature. Then if I add a new post in the same thread, I can comment on new ones. That's for me and most of my members the logic behind it.

Thanks for your patience
    Alfonso

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    Comments are 2nd level replies. That means that they are replies to a reply which in turn is a reply to the first post. Therefore, there can be no comments in the first post. See structure below.

Code:
    First post
      |__reply 1
           |__comment 1
           |__comment 2
           |__comment 3
      |__reply 2
           |__comment 1
           |__comment 2
      |__reply 3
           |__comment 1

Leave a comment:

• panoramia
    started a topic commenting the first post of a new thread

commenting the first post of a new thread

Dear Sirs,

Why isn't commenting the first post of a new thread not possible? Many people in my forum ask me why. Isn't that illogical? I create a new thread with images so members can comment on it, why doesn't the first post have the COMMENT button? It's so illogical! Isn't that something that will be added in the future as a new feature?

Regards,
    Alfonso