Clear All

• Upgrade to 5.2.1 Went Great

Very happy after my upgrade to 5.2.1.
    After the upgrade I upgraded php version to 7.0.4
    My forum is substantially faster.
    No problems.

Thanks!
    ~ MackeyFlipClockFans.com

I'd recommend upgrading your PHP version to 7.0.5. PHP.net can explain why better than I can.

Comment

Thank you for your kind feedback, we appreciate it.
      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Just completed the upgrade, again no issues and the site does seem faster after php7.

Well done all involved

Comment

Here here! I also want to applaud the vB team on the 5.2.1 release ... Great job to everyone involved in making this happen

Comment

I am on 5.2.0 ... do I just need to drop the entire contents of upload on my server to upgrade to 5.2.1 or just install?... having a foggy memory for some reason today?

Comment

I wish I could say the same. The vBulletin portion of the upgrade for us went ok at the end of April, but due to an Apache configuration issue, I couldn't get the .htaccess file to process. I had to restore the database and site to 4.2.3. I'll be trying again this weekend and hopefully can report some better luck.

Comment

Originally posted by twistsol View Post
                I wish I could say the same. The vBulletin portion of the upgrade for us went ok at the end of April, but due to an Apache configuration issue, I couldn't get the .htaccess file to process. I had to restore the database and site to 4.2.3. I'll be trying again this weekend and hopefully can report some better luck.
                UPDATE:
                We are now up and running on VB 5.2.2 and so far everything seems to be working fine. The upgrade went as planned and took about three hours less than the anticipated.

Comment