Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheLastSuperman
    commented on 's reply
    Brandon, it was posted here for reference: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...-now-available

• evil-maniac
    replied
    Frankly; at this point I myself am disappointed with vbulletin >_>

Leave a comment:

• Octavius
    commented on 's reply
    Huh?????????

• GamerPerfection
    replied
    lol i've been concerned about bugs and slowness and generally vB5 being rushed..... that's why I haven't yet upgraded. No-one has forced any user to upgrade, so do so at your own risk. It is down to you and you alone to decide when the time is right to upgrade. It's obvious there's going to be problems this early on.

As for GoDaddy I hate to think how many times I've told people they are an extremely bad hosting company. Why do people always go for the big named hosts? For example, in the UK I don't use people like 1and1, or 123-Reg, I use 4UHosting and they are awesome, excellent customer service, i've never experienced downtime with them, and they were awesome when I asked them to move my account to an upgraded server so that I could trial out BETA 5.0 and after database issues they happily moved my account back until it was ready to move again.

Completely hassle free. You are unlikely to find that kind of service with hosts like GoDaddy.

Leave a comment:

• we_are_borg
    commented on 's reply
    You can turn it around when you buy new software you would think that it was better then the previous version not worse. Bugs and missing features is that something you take for granted with new software or do you expect from a company better version then the previous.

• Octavius
    replied
    Originally posted by evil-maniac View Post
    I don't understand why people are complaining about the lack of features when they where neither forced to upgrade; nor where their rights to create a vb5 demo stripped. vb5 is still in its infancy and will require time before it reaches the same maturity previous versions of the software have. You only have yourself to blame if you have updated to version 5 without at-least checking out the demo (which would have made it obvious that the features you currently do not have, are still in development).
    cosign.

Y'all need to do your homework first!

Leave a comment:

• Loco.M
    commented on 's reply
    When will that "official" announcement be posted in the public forums? eg.. the announcement forums

• Datenpapst
    replied
    I personally never used most of the features.

I just want the FAQ und Newssystem back. Everything else will come after time.

Leave a comment:

• evil-maniac
    replied
    I don't understand why people are complaining about the lack of features when they where neither forced to upgrade; nor where their rights to create a vb5 demo stripped. vb5 is still in its infancy and will require time before it reaches the same maturity previous versions of the software have. You only have yourself to blame if you have updated to version 5 without at-least checking out the demo (which would have made it obvious that the features you currently do not have, are still in development).

Leave a comment:

• Hall of Famer
    replied
    She has a very good point, upgrading to a software with flaws and missing features is dangerous for live sites. I run most of my forums with VB3, there was one that I actually attempted to upgrade to VB4 but guess what? People were leaving 'cause the profile customization feature was gone! It took them a long while to finally add it back in VB 4.0.8, but the damage was already done. Sure it did not really kill the forum, but we did lose a substantial number of old members due to the missing feature VB did not really care much about. The point is, do not undermine a feature as unimportant 'cause people are all different, what's insignificant to you may turn out to be vital for the others, you can never tell. If its really possible to downgrade, Id say consider VB3, it's still the best forumware in this world we live in even if you consider non-VB forumwares.

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    vBulletin 5 -- Vanilla and phpMyAdmin (with AJAX turned on) had a baby

Leave a comment:

• Inspector G
    replied
    To say there is a Major Bug with links and also attached images is by far and understatement...
    I had made a post in the

vbulletin-sales-and-feedback/licensed-customer-feedback Named

vb5-all-beta-versions-hacked-in-5-minutes

You think that is bad, how would you like to have to go and edit all of your users post, on your own site...
    like I posted in the mentioned thread in Licensed customer feedback section?

I can Not add link for all mentioned reasons...look at the code not being Parsed thats correct right???

Leave a comment:

• Inspector G
    replied
    I think that VB is also now disappointed in it...hows that for Karma?
    [URL="http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-sales-and-feedback/licensed-customer-feedback/3944788-vb5-all-beta-versions-hacked-in-5-minutes?s=8d932a8b5b9cb45ea322c68c1afe5314#post3944809"]http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...14#post3944809

I would not say it has improved with the betas look at my typing this is also another bug I hit

Enter
    as you can
    see it should break the link...wowow...lololol[/URL="http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-sales-and-feedback/licensed-customer-feedback/3944788-vb5-all-beta-versions-hacked-in-5-minutes?s=8d932a8b5b9cb45ea322c68c1afe5314#post3944809"]

OK This really bad...

Leave a comment:

• hornstar6969
    commented on 's reply
    That is really good to hear Lawrence.

• Lawrence Cole
    replied
    Originally posted by AFemaleProdigy View Post
    I can't understand why you removed so many good functions that were in vB 4? What was the thinking behind stripping this down so much?
    Hello AFemaleProdigy,

As Wayne commented, many of the features that you are concerned about are planned to return in the near future. Within the next few business days, I plan to make an official announcement that outlines about when you'll be able to expect their inclusion into vBulletin 5 Connect. If you still need to use vB4 for now and have concerns around whether or not you will be able to revert successfully, please reach out to customer support for help and assistance.

Leave a comment: