Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any big forums running this yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JamalFree
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
    Unlikely any really big sites will be running a beta live, to be honest.

Performance and scalability are big focuses in vB5 though.
    i hope see one or more site run this version.............

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    It is available. However we can't officially recommend a Beta for a live site. We can't stop you either.

Leave a comment:

• gxbodybuilding
    replied
    Im starting a new website this week.
    I expect it will grow to a decent number in a matter of a few months. 200 or so active users at most all times.

I may as well learn the vb5 now? It is available to use on a new live website that plans to build its way up?

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Originally posted by tpearl5 View Post
    Is the infraction system not in the works? If not it sounds like something that would again become a popular mod.
    http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-1231

Leave a comment:

• snk_
    replied
    Being a first time person with VB I've found it rather difficult - even the purchasing process was a pain.

However, two days in I'm finally starting to understand it. I program for a game - the forums which I'm creating will hopefully be used. The game I work for is develop games for mobile devices- and the mobile version of VB5 is amazing.

I think it's good- a few errors here and there, but nothing enough for me to install VB4.

Leave a comment:

• tpearl5
    replied
    Is the infraction system not in the works? If not it sounds like something that would again become a popular mod.

Leave a comment:

• digitalpoint
    replied
    Agreed... For us, the software isn't even "evaluatable" without infractions and paid subscriptions, as I suspect will be the case for the majority of anything medium sized or larger.

Not even sure how they are going to manage this site when it upgrades and they lose the infraction system.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    There aren't many sites that'll convert, at least until an infraction system is in place.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by bubka3 View Post
    Would anyone like to share a link to a clone? Interested to see how it does under a large amount of users and posts.
    Most won't be able to do that either, since clone/test sites have to be non-public under the license agreement.

Leave a comment:

• bubka3
    replied
    Would anyone like to share a link to a clone? Interested to see how it does under a large amount of users and posts.

Leave a comment:

• Loco.M
    replied
    The only "big boards" I've seen on vb5 are clones just to test the upgrade and performance.
    I've yet to see a big board live with vb5 and I wouldn't suggest it for some time still.

Leave a comment:

• In Omnibus
    replied
    It's going to be a while before any site of substance is comfortable with making the transition to vBulletin 5, largely because all of the modifications and template edits done in vB4 either won't work or won't be available for some time. People tend to become attached to their bells and whistles.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by Mickie D View Post
    Ok thanks Mark

I will wait and see how it gets on.

Regards
    Mick
    I would always say to any big site......take upgrades slowly. Don't feel pushed to rush in.

Leave a comment:

• Mickie D
    replied
    Ok thanks Mark

I will wait and see how it gets on.

Regards
    Mick

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Unlikely any really big sites will be running a beta live, to be honest.

Performance and scalability are big focuses in vB5 though.

Leave a comment: