Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark.B
    replied
    Hmm, removing all the sub navs fixes the highlighting issue.

The demo board doesn;'t generally have sub navs. So this may in fact need to be put in Jira.

Need to set up a clean installation just to verify that my limited customisations on talknewsuk.com aren't breaking anything, but they shouldn't be.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    I'd write it up in JIRA.
    I will, but I am not sure I can replicate it on a clean install. The demo site isn't doing it. You can manually type the /online path in and the blog tab doesn't highlight - but it does on my site.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I'd write it up in JIRA.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Thanks Wayne;

Interesting in that case, I have somehow ended up with other things highlighting on Blogs.

I have tried removing the Blogs tab, and then these same items highlight Groups instead!

I might have to have a play in the database and see if I can work it out that way, as nothing I do in the front end is fixing it.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    As far as I am aware...

The route should control which tab is highlighted. So /blogs should highlight blogs.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    Interesting... all the navtabs have the same sub-menu. Did you set it up that way or is this just another weird thing happening with the tabs?
    I set it up that way, did the same thing with vB4. Added a separate subnav entry for each tab, but with the same links.

Do you think that might have caused it?

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Interesting... all the navtabs have the same sub-menu. Did you set it up that way or is this just another weird thing happening with the tabs?

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    started a topic What controls tab highlighting in vB5?

What controls tab highlighting in vB5?

I seem to have ended up with an odd situation whereby both the /online page and one of my custom pages, make the "Blog" tab highlight.

I have no idea what controls the tab highlighting in vB5, does anybody know where I might go to have a play with this and see if I can sort it?

(It's not a style issue since a new style still shows the problem, but the official demo doesn't, so something's gone wrong somewhere).

- - - Updated - - -

And if I delete the blogs tab, it highlights the groups tab instead.