Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blogs in VB5 - disqualified

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Blogs in VB5 - disqualified

    A simple question about Blogs. Is it final version? If yes - this is piece of crap.

    Blog - this is a place with tools, functionality- where people can write stories with images and videos.
    What we have here?

    1. Blogs look like forum posts.
    2. I can't add photos and wrap text around them.
    3. I can't add photo and add a single line about it ( under)
    4. We have photo album under the text -blog post.
    5. Browsing Blogs - people looking first for titles - not for this info - "someone started a topic in...."
    6. Where are Categories , Archive and statistics?

    I don't think so I can find writers and readers using this version (maybe just spammers)

    This whole thing is very embarrassing!!!!
    You should improve it or just remove it from VB5.
    Last edited by waldvb; Wed 14th Nov '12, 10:02am.
    www.wood-furniture.biz/forums/

  • #2
    Originally posted by waldvb View Post
    A simple question about Blogs. Is it final version? If yes - this is piece of crap.

    Blog - this is a place with tools, functionality- where people can write stories with images and videos.
    What we have here?

    1. Blogs look like forum posts.
    2. I can't add photos and wrap text around them.
    3. I can't add photo and add a single line about it ( under)
    4. We have photo album under the text -blog post.
    5. Browsing Blogs - people looking first for titles - not for this info - "someone started a topic in...."
    6. Where are Categories , Archive and statistics?

    I don't think so I can find writers and readers using this version (maybe just spammers)

    This whole thing is very embarrassing!!!!
    You should improve it or just remove it from VB5.

    Would asking the question then ranting afterwards if you dont get the answer you would expect not be out of the question? Comments like "This is a peice of crap" are not exactly constructive critisism.
    Husky Owners Forum - For all Siberian Husky Owners

    Comment


    • #3
      If the line stood alone, it would not be. With the rest of the post giving it substance it is, in my opinion. The OP says what he does miss and does not like, and he does have some points there.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by cellarius View Post
        If the line stood alone, it would not be. With the rest of the post giving it substance it is, in my opinion. The OP says what he does miss and does not like, and he does have some points there.
        Indeed he does have some good points. However the use of "crap, embarrasing, improve or remove" before even getting an answer overshadows the rest of the post IMO. There is absolutly no need whatsoever for the use of the word crap on the forum in any way shape or form in the first place. There are plenty of words in the English language without having to resort to words like these to put points across.
        Husky Owners Forum - For all Siberian Husky Owners

        Comment


        • #5
          Sometimes emotion takes over. It is understandable. He obviously wants the blogs to improve before gold and not get overlooked.
          Selling my BigBoard GamerzNeeds.net/forums Threads: 193 502, Posts: 1 540 045, Members: 718 566 It is listed here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showt...3#post18297060

          Comment


          • #6
            We know improvement must be made on blogs. At one point we didn't even know if they would be included in the 5.0 release. With that in mind, we may or may not have time update the UI. I do know that it is on the lead developer's mind. I know this isn't what people want to hear.
            Translations provided by Google.

            Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
              We know improvement must be made on blogs. At one point we didn't even know if they would be included in the 5.0 release. With that in mind, we may or may not have time update the UI. I do know that it is on the lead developer's mind. I know this isn't what people want to hear.
              I think the problem here is, once you decided to include blogs in the beta, there should have been a corresponding decision to at least do something - anything - to make them visually distinct from forum posts. Otherwise the initial experience w/ VB5 makes it seem like the database refactoring down to nodes reduced, rather than enhanced, functionality; it's one thing to say "content is content, and in the database should be stored as such," but visually there's no point in having blogs - literally no point whatsoever - if they are indistinguishable from forum posts. It makes it seems like the most vanilla of Drupal implementations, where it's a "blog" vs. a "forum post" simply because of an H1 tag, and for no OTHER reason...

              It just seems like bad decision-making, lack of foresight, etc. - you've had some time to think about this, right? These aren't particularly insightful or in my mind arguable observations, they're just the type that somehow keep eluding you...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                We know improvement must be made on blogs. At one point we didn't even know if they would be included in the 5.0 release. With that in mind, we may or may not have time update the UI. I do know that it is on the lead developer's mind. I know this isn't what people want to hear.
                As reading this, let me say I am not only happy to have switched to another brand, but also I would really doubt to use a vB5 licence for other future projects.

                How do you guys could have even not considered to include blogs?
                What about current communties running blogs?

                I am loosing any trust in vBulletin, I am very disappointed.

                The world's leading community software?
                I am afraid you, as a company, are the leader in "de-marketing", I mean loosing clients quickly.

                Regards
                Last edited by manebe; Sun 18th Nov '12, 2:56am.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                  We know improvement must be made on blogs. At one point we didn't even know if they would be included in the 5.0 release. With that in mind, we may or may not have time update the UI. I do know that it is on the lead developer's mind. I know this isn't what people want to hear.
                  You are right this isen't what I wanted to hear, since Blogs are very important in our community. But I apreaciate the information this makes it easier with decisions in planing forward

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Sorry vBulletin,

                    I should have said to my community users to do not join any Group,
                    as long as nobody will assure Groups will be available in next vB version

                    Incredible.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by s.molinari View Post
                      But let's give IB the benefit of the doubt and say the number of vB customers actually wanting an article system is relatively small.
                      It's small.
                      The majority of them want a CMS.


                      vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
                        It's small.
                        The majority of them want a CMS.
                        Ya gotta bare in mind there are not only a lot of forum only users at present, there are also those who wouldnt use a full cms and only use the current as a means to easily include an extra page or 2 on their site. For example there is nothing i am using cms for on my current site that i cannot do with sitebuilder.

                        To be honest as ive said before im glad cms is not being released with gold. If it was my choice i would have done same with blogs and groups. Simply as it means the core is concentrated on first and formost without distraction.
                        Husky Owners Forum - For all Siberian Husky Owners

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by s.molinari View Post
                          Personally, I would have hoped to see vB5 as a finished and whole CMS product, when 5.0 comes out.

                          Oh well.....

                          Scott
                          So you disagree that they should be concentrating on core before adding cms, blogs etc? Supprised by that from you Scott to be honest. Ya gotta admit it would be more wise for the forum only part to go gold so the silly bugs you tend to only see after gold (on almost all software) get quashed before things are added to it. Or am I wrong?
                          Husky Owners Forum - For all Siberian Husky Owners

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by soniceffect View Post
                            So you disagree that they should be concentrating on core before adding cms, blogs etc? Supprised by that from you Scott to be honest. Ya gotta admit it would be more wise for the forum only part to go gold so the silly bugs you tend to only see after gold (on almost all software) get quashed before things are added to it. Or am I wrong?
                            If vB 5 Connect was marketed as a forum-only software. Which it is not. It's the world's leading community software.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by AlexanderT View Post
                              Which it is not. It's the world's leading community software.
                              That line still makes me chuckle, oh dear, gotta love their marketing.

                              Comment

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X